It was an XDM XDS kinda day

PDA

mnhntr
March 17, 2013, 10:42 PM
Took the wife and her new XDS and my XDM to the range today. The XDS was brand new and it shot awsome. The little 45 is accurate and surprisingly easy on the recoil. The little powerhouse is one of the best pistols I have shot in a while. The XDM 3.8 45acp has about 100rds through it and it got another 100 today. The gun was flawless with the FMJ ammo unlike the SWC I tried the other day. I am quickly becoming hooked on these Springfields. I may have to get another XDS as a bug for me. Sorry for no range pics but they do not allow it.

If you enjoyed reading about "It was an XDM XDS kinda day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kiln
March 18, 2013, 06:40 PM
Springfield's XD and XDM pistols are near the top of my favorite firearms list. They're excellent guns with good ergonomics, mag capacities, and accuracy.

KTXdm9
March 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the club! I love my XDm. I might have to pick up an XDs in 9mm as another carry option.

J2FLAN
March 18, 2013, 07:44 PM
Good to here you like your XDs, mine has almost turned into a range beater, it is so hard NOT to shoot it, when I am at the range . BTW, my XDs has gone through 100s of 200gr SWC, without fail.

Delford
March 18, 2013, 10:10 PM
I've been contemplating an XDS purchase. I notice most are shooting 200 gr ammo. Is 230 gr too strong?

mnhntr
March 18, 2013, 11:00 PM
We shot 230gr ball ammo and it was fine. We also shot 200gr reloads. All ran fine. My XDM 3.8 does not feed the SWC reloads reliably. I did not try them in the XDS.

If you enjoyed reading about "It was an XDM XDS kinda day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!