Houston Reloading Thread

PDA

Triumph
March 18, 2013, 02:55 PM
Thought it might be helpful to have a Houston reloading thread for those in Houston, or who visit often.

We could share ideas on:

1. Component availability
2. Good "brass pickup friendly" ranges
3. Pay it forward opportunities (if some of us have a wealth of some components & a deficit of others)
4. & whatever else.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston Reloading Thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WinchesterAA
March 18, 2013, 03:10 PM
Newbies welcome?

I'm a few miles South of Houston and want to reload for a Remington 700 in 308 with a 20" barrel and 1/10" twist rate for the purpose of plinking at ranges between 400 and 800 yards =)

Triumph
March 18, 2013, 03:28 PM
WinchesterAA Newbies welcome?

I'm a few miles South of Houston and want to reload for a Remington 700 in 308 with a 20" barrel and 1/10" twist rate for the purpose of plinking at ranges between 400 and 800 yards =)

I sure hope newbies are welcome because I am one. All I've done so far is read, read, read & shop for tools & components.

Hopefully a few of the more experienced guys in Houston will join in and help us newbies out.

Let me know what your looking for & I'll let you know what I see.

Speedster00
March 18, 2013, 03:32 PM
oddly enough I havent bought local yet...theres a small reloading shop in TN that is close to my parents that wont ship but becuase of that I can usually find anything I want. I was in there 2 weekends ago and they had stacks of all primers, powders, bullets, etc. Even buckets of clean brass. I just have to wait until my parents drive down to get my hands on it...which is fine.

For Range pick up as I mentioned in another thread, I shoot at Spring guns and ammo...never had a problem broad sweeping my area and picking up brass.

Bmac1949
March 18, 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm a couple of hours north of Houston and get down there a couple of times a month. i usually go by Gander Mtn and a couple of shops in Humble. I haven't been reloading all that long but I'm glad to hear that you're reading up on the subject. You're going to save yourself money and the learning curve won't be as bad. Also there are guys that have an unbelievable reloading knowledge base and offer advice freely. You'll figure them out quick enough. RC and Walkalone are the first that come to mind. Good luck and be safe

WinchesterAA
March 18, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'd like to get ahold of some pounds of Varget, some large rifle primers, a chronograph, and maybe a decent concentricity gauge.

I'm starting off with a lee loader for 308 (I enjoy manual processes), a handful of case prep tools, and a digital scale that got pretty good reviews. I intend to try to create as close to identical rounds as I possibly can in order to shoot well at various ranges. I'm sure the lee loader will leave me wanting, but it's better IMO to be left wanting after 26$ investment (for the press) than after a few hundred or more =)

That lee loader won't ship til the end of may, though, so if anyone has one they can part with sooner, I'm looking for one.

I figure if I can get ~1moa groups at 100 yards with crappy 147grain surplus ammo and do OK at 3 and 400 yards on steel targets, then if I pay attention while rolling my own, I should be able to beat that in short order and move out to longer ranges.

Motownfire
March 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
Triumph, good call on starting this thread.

10Ring has components available. They're limiting primer & powder sales just like many other local shops. I haven't needed to buy any powder or primers for a while but I am about to start looking around for SPP & either Unique, Power Pistol or Hodgdons Universal (or another powder listed in one of my manuals).

I rarely shoot at public ranges, but the last time I went shooting at American Shooting Center they didn't mind me picking up my spent cases but they didn't want me cleaning the entire range if you know what I mean.

Currently I load 40 S&W, 30-30 & 30-06 using my Lee Classic Press. I have been rounding up 9MM Luger & .380 brass to start reloading. I will be on the hunt for a 4 die set for my Lee in the next couple months if anyone has any good places to pick up a set. I always try to buy my supplies from the local shops to support their business before I order supplies online.

It's good to see some fellow Houston area guy's on here.

Motownfire
March 18, 2013, 05:27 PM
WinchesterAA, I was at Carters Country in Stafford a few days ago. They had Varget Powder & LRP's in stock. They're limiting each customer to 300 primers until this senseless ammo, powder & primer chaos slows down. If you're on the Southwest side give them a call. American Shooting Center also sell loading supplies.

Speedster00
March 18, 2013, 05:29 PM
As of now Im only reloading for pistol. ...

one of my coworkers reloads his own for long distance 308....really long distance. He shoots milk jugs at 1000 yards and 2' steal plates at a mile...freaky..

Ill get into rifle reloads eventually.

Speedster00
March 18, 2013, 05:34 PM
Ive been to 10ring a couple of times...unfortunately since they do mostly internet busines they are often out of stock. And, of the 2 times Ive been in there once Iddidnt get helped and the other the guy had no interest in selling me anything. He seemed fairly scatter brained.

Im reloading with power pistol now. I found that at natches SS a few weeks back.

Motownfire
March 18, 2013, 06:08 PM
I got the same "customer service" the one time I went to 10Ring also. I'll pay a few bucks more for good quality customer service.

airlar73
March 18, 2013, 07:01 PM
ASC has always, in my experience, been fine with you picking up the brass that falls out of your gun, but will gripe at you for picking up other people's brass...

As far as components go, they had a few dozen 1 lb cans of various powders when I last went in mid-March, but limit you to 2 lbs at a time. The only primers they have are Federal LPP's, and they said they don't expect any new components in for a long time. They don't sell brass, or projectiles.

They do sell ammo and have plenty, but are limiting sales to 1 box per customer and are only selling to those shooting at the range.

Just watch out for the noobs who come straight from the gun show with zero experience at the range and aren't well versed in the rules there (despite them being broadcast over the loud speaker every cease fire :banghead:)... the RO's are usually pretty quick to catch them though.

FatboyHD
March 18, 2013, 07:45 PM
Carter's country on i10near Campbell had all primers sat. Limiting you to 200 pistol and 200 rifle for total of 400. Lilltle pricey at $4.37 per 100 but what can you do?

FatboyHD
March 18, 2013, 07:50 PM
Motown, good luck on 9mm dies been trying to find some for about five weeks. Some on eBay if you don't mind paying $130.00. I'm not so I ordered some through dillon, gonna have to wait a while though. Sounds like 6-8 week back order.

Triumph
March 18, 2013, 08:54 PM
Guys - Just an FYI - I shopped a little too hard for W231 & now have 16 pounds (more than I need). I have an 8lb. Jug & 8 1lb. bottles. Let me know if you need some.

Matt Dillon
March 19, 2013, 08:37 AM
I picked up a 1 lb. canister of Unique from Carter's country o. I10 last Saturday, but they were out of Spp when I arrived.

Triumph
March 19, 2013, 09:04 AM
Yep - I was in there yesterday & no SPP. I've got 2,000 that I ordered off Cabelas if you need some.

Zcarp2
March 19, 2013, 11:10 AM
Marksman in South Houston will let you pick up from behind the firing line. Again watchout for the inexperienced. Marksman was also selling buckets of brass for reasonable prices. I bought 45 ACP. I shoot in Humble now.

nosmr2
March 19, 2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up on 10 Ring. It's a long drive for me to experience bad customer service. I pick up stuff at Carter's Country in Pasadena. But the last few times I went they were wiped out. Their customer service is a bit lacking, but it's close to my office.

Matt Dillon
March 19, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much for the offer, Triumph. I have a few, but need to replenish the thousands that I loaded up this Spring.

WinchesterAA
March 19, 2013, 01:06 PM
How much do you want for a couple pounds of that W231, Triumph?

Triumph
March 19, 2013, 01:56 PM
WinchesterAA - I just sent you a PM

temmi
March 19, 2013, 02:28 PM
Carter's country and 10 Ring

Call them and they will tell you what the have.

Problem wit Carter's country is there are 4 locations so you will need to call them all

Snake

Motownfire
March 19, 2013, 02:55 PM
FatboyHD,

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind when I start looking around for a die set in the near future.

fatmanonabike
March 19, 2013, 09:40 PM
I bought processed (tumbled and decapped) range brass .45 ACP for $65/1000 very clean but that was last year. They seem like decent folks. Bailey's House of guns has reloading stuff but I have no idea about availability now. The last time I was in Carter's is the reason I'll never return.

Triumph
March 19, 2013, 09:51 PM
The last time I was in Carter's is the reason I'll never return.

I've been there twice in 2 weeks - it's a wasteland.

natgas
March 19, 2013, 11:56 PM
I'm in Katy; I"m also an FFL

I haven't had to buy much lately as I stocked up a couple years ago. I did purchase a couple thousand 45 and 40 bullets from Precision Delta in Feb.

I have visited and purchased some items at 10 ring---great place

I look forward to staying updated on this thread

Speedster00
March 20, 2013, 02:42 PM
a friend recomended a place called Houston Reloading Supplies. I dont know them but they are aparently a mom and pop shop running out of their garage....but since theyre small with no store front they suposedly have supplies.

Triumph
March 20, 2013, 02:52 PM
I called them a couple times. They were $45 for 1K primers and $37 for a pound of IMR (before tax). Sounds pricey to me - even for these times.

Motownfire
March 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
WOW!!! That's some sweet price gouging right there.

Speedster00
March 20, 2013, 03:29 PM
wow. With no overhead for a shop, their margins must be rediculous.

Triumph
March 20, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yes it sure is. You could put in a nice order at Natchez or Powder Valley at about half on the powder.

doorman
March 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
I have had decent service from 10ring as well. I always call ahead because of the long drive for me. I will go to Carter Country in Stafford for Nosler rifle bullets which 10ring does not carry. I shoot out at bayou rifles and will usually find some 223. Lately it seems everyone is getting into reloading so the pistol range is clean as a whistle.

Right now I am loading .270, .308, 6.8, 5.56, .45 acp, 9mm, .380 acp. I guy from deer camp offered to buy all components to reload .243 for him. My only stipulation was that I will use his rifle for testing.

RU

JJ-
March 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm about 3 hours north in Tyler and I haven't seen anything (powder, primer, bullet) in a while. I routinely check the local shops as well as Gander

bodam
March 20, 2013, 06:18 PM
I always get great service at 10-ring. That's my main shop that I use for components, I try to give business to the smaller shops, and they've always treated me well.

Speedster00
March 25, 2013, 12:16 PM
those of you wanting to know where you can pick up brass, I went to SGA to shoot over the weekend and filled 2 walmart plastic grocerybags of brass out of the range bucket. They had 2 nearly full 5 gallon buckets just sitting there...so I helped myself to some brass. Not sure what it weighs but its gotta be over 25 lbs.

Triumph
March 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
Speedster - What is SGA?

Speedster00
March 25, 2013, 12:51 PM
Spring guns and ammo. They're off Spring cypress. Real nice store and indoor range. The range officers walk in and out. Cool guys but they dont really sit behind the range much. So the last few times Ive gone I broad swept my area and picked up brass...this time I actually poured the range bucket into some plastic bags. Ill try and post a pick when I have it cleaned up some but I bet I could easily fill 6-8 inches of a 5 gal bucket with the brass I just picked up. Probably a couple thousands pieces..

Peter M. Eick
March 25, 2013, 06:10 PM
You guys have it pretty covered. Bass pro (Katy) was not badly stocked the last time I was out but they can be bought out quickly.

ASC is where I shoot. They don't seem to complain much about the reloads.

higgite
March 25, 2013, 09:23 PM
I called them a couple times. They were $45 for 1K primers and $37 for a pound of IMR (before tax). Sounds pricey to me - even for these times.
+3% for credit card.

Triumph
March 25, 2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph

+3% for credit card.

I won't be calling them back.

boricua
March 26, 2013, 12:46 AM
thank you guys for posting this places...
Im in the magnolia area for the winter....
so is great to find places to go. so will take a drive to this stores... shame i can't carry powder in the plane back home!!!:-)

Matt Dillon
March 26, 2013, 01:04 AM
Folks, does. Anyone. Have any. Leads for. Good deals on brass in the Houston area? I am looking. For some 223, 9mm and 40. Thanks in advance!

Motownfire
March 26, 2013, 01:45 AM
Matt,
Check the classifieds, there are usually some fair deals on brass there.

Are you looking for used or new brass? 10ring is on the northwest side of Houston & they "normally" have brass in stock.

Matt Dillon
March 26, 2013, 01:53 AM
I am. Looking for used brass, and would like to find some locally. To avoid shipping costs. thanks!

natgas
March 26, 2013, 08:35 AM
Lots of ads for brass on the various Tx boards; ASC is a good place to shoot for me; less than 3 miles from the house and always room.

SGA is also good but I wish it was closer; the one place I avoid and it's less than 1/2 mile from me is Tactical in Katy; what a bunch of morons there.

I need to make a run to 10 ring to see what they have in stock.

higgite
March 26, 2013, 11:03 AM
the one place I avoid and it's less than 1/2 mile from me is Tactical in Katy; what a bunch of morons there.

Please elaborate. I just recently heard of them and was thinking of giving them a try.

Triumph
March 26, 2013, 11:35 AM
Guys - Just an FYI. I had double orders fill on powder & have a lot more W231 than I need. I am perfectly content to keep it but am also willing to part with it if I can save you guys some money.

I have an 8lb jug & (8) 1 lb. bottles. I paid $24 per pound for the W231 one pounders (after HazMat & shipping).
I think Motownfire has already put dibs on a couple of the one pounders.
The only trick is you'd have to meet me on the West side (I-10 & Beltway 8) in the late afternoon to pick it up.

Also, I need IMR4895. Please let me know if you guys see any.

Motownfire
March 26, 2013, 12:50 PM
I'm still in for 2lbs Triumph. Let me know when you're ready to meet up.

Speedster00
March 26, 2013, 12:56 PM
Matt-
I have some 40 brass I wont use. you can have it.

Matt Dillon
March 26, 2013, 11:03 PM
Speedster, I ave sent you a pm, thanks!

gonefishin1
March 27, 2013, 03:07 PM
I went to 10ring the other day and carters country in spring both places had a dozen or so different powders and 15 or 20 die sets and a fair amount of bullets. Unfortunately no 45acp stuff.

Good to know about spring guns and ammo I live right down the road from there.

Speedster00
March 27, 2013, 04:16 PM
just FYI- Midway got some stuff in yesterday. I was on the notification list for the factory crimp die for 45 ACP and it came in yesterday...my ETA wasnt until 6/1

natgas
March 27, 2013, 08:57 PM
I visited Tactical one time; the range nazi stood directly on my shoulders to the point I couldn't even turn to look at my wife in the next lane without bumping him. He seemed intent on watching my every move. Maybe he wanted to make sure I didn't pick up any brass---they don't allow you to pick up any; they want to charge you to shoot and make money on your brass. Told the guys at the counter how unhappy I was and that we wouldn't be back---they didn't seem to care one way or the other.

I just feel good about taking some of their high dollar FFL business away from them! :)

Triumph
March 27, 2013, 09:20 PM
Which place is Tactical?

Motownfire
March 27, 2013, 11:15 PM
Tactical Firearms in Katy. It's a nice place but a lot of the items I looked at were priced a little high. I shot in the range once since it had been raining all week & my wife & I didn't want to shoot behind our house in the mud. The range is very nice & clean but the range nazis get annoying & you can't pick up brass. They're constantly sweeping it down range.

Triumph
March 27, 2013, 11:34 PM
I walked in this new range accross I-10 from me called Athena. It looks like some spa or fancy hotel - should be in River Oaks. I did not shoot but asked about picking up brass & they said its an OSHA violation. I walked out.

Motownfire - Sorry I did not text today. Got stuck at work late. Still have your powder - try again tomorrow.

higgite
March 28, 2013, 02:38 AM
I walked in this new range accross I-10 from me called Athena. It looks like some spa or fancy hotel - should be in River Oaks. I did not shoot but asked about picking up brass & they said its an OSHA violation.
I don't blame you for not going back, but I'm calling BS on their OSHA excuse. Ask them to show you the OSHA regulation that says a customer (not an employee) can't pick up spent brass. They just don't want you picking up your brass.

natgas
March 28, 2013, 08:36 AM
The no brass thing and the cost to join are what helped me decide Athena is not for me

fatmanonabike
March 28, 2013, 12:50 PM
I didn't see anyone mention Friendswood Bullet company. I've shot a couple thousand of their .45 LSWC. I like them. He works out of his garage and I can drive by and save shipping. Friendswoodbullet.com.

Speedster00
March 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Im surprised about the range natzis and brass. Carters doesnt care if you pick up your own and neither does Spring guns and ammo. Last weekend I had my way with the range bucket as I previously mentioned and picked up about 8" in the bottom of a 5 gal bucket...a good 20+ pounds worth. You could do that nearly everytime your inthere. The range buckets are left unatended most of the time.

Matt Dillon
March 28, 2013, 01:30 PM
I placed an order with Friendswood bullet company on February 7. I was not told at that time that my order wouldn't be available for months, but my credit card was charged immediately. I understand that he is backed up, but next week will be two months and I haven't seen any explanation, estimate of delivery, or any communication, let alone my bullets.

Motownfire
March 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
I can understand being way behind due to demand, but charging you almost two months ago with no product in hand is no bueno.

Triumph
March 28, 2013, 03:44 PM
Agreed

Some of these local vendors (Houston Reloading included) are not behaving.

Peter M. Eick
March 29, 2013, 05:20 PM
I have not visited Athena. Expensive but I thought it might be interesting to see. I was picking up my brass at ASC today and no one bothered me a bit.

You would think with all of the folks in Houston we would have more variety in reloading supplies.

PodPeople
March 29, 2013, 11:45 PM
Triumph,

I could use a pound of your 231. I'm just about to take up reloading once I find some powder, projectiles and primers. I have an old Lyman Spartan Press and I ordered a Lee Classic Turret Press and 9mm, .40 and .45 die sets from 10 Ring (who knows when they will get them). I've been saving my range brass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Triumph
March 30, 2013, 12:12 AM
No worries - I've got plenty of W231 to go around.

Matt Dillon
April 1, 2013, 06:09 PM
I just wanted to follow up on a previous comment and let you all know that my Friendswood Bullet co. Order just arrived, and they do look great! I will order from them again, when I don't need the bullets quickly.
Also, 10 ring got a bunch of stuff in today; hopefully they will have something you need!

Triumph
April 2, 2013, 11:53 AM
Went to 10ring for first time yesterday. Just a few hundred primers and limiting to 100 per customer.

Carter Country has a bunch of LR, SPP and LPP. Limit 200 of each per day.

Speedster00
April 2, 2013, 01:51 PM
Id like to start experimenting with reloading 223 for the AR. I have brass, bullets but no primers or powder for rifle. Any ideas on who might have it local?

Triumph
April 2, 2013, 01:59 PM
No - I'm also looking for IMR4895 for AR & Garand & can't find.

What bullets have you found for the AR?

Bmac1949
April 3, 2013, 02:20 PM
I like this thread. I'm heading to Galveston early next week and if I find something mentioned here I'll post. I'm looking for .45 auto loading supplies mostly, along with some others in this thread. FYI if I ever go to a range where they won't let you pick up your own brass they won't get my business.

gonefishin1
April 3, 2013, 07:49 PM
Speedster Where are you at? I live in spring and probably have a little extra powder and some primers.

gonefishin1
April 3, 2013, 07:51 PM
Oh yea 10 ring is having some kind of reloading swap meet this Saturday.

Matt Dillon
April 3, 2013, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know some place in the Houston area that might have a pound of Accurate #9?

Matt Dillon
April 13, 2013, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know of a store in the Houston area that might have some powders suitable for loading .223? I have been looking for TAC and H335 to no avail.

Motownfire
April 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
Basspro maybe or the crooks at Carter's Country. Try calling 10ring or Baileys House of Guns.

Matt Dillon
April 13, 2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks! I have tried Carter's country as well as 10 ring to no avail.

119er
April 14, 2013, 03:02 AM
I've skimmed through this thread and didn't see mention of T's Guns and Ammo in Texas City. It has been about 2 months since I've been in there. last time I was there I picked up 100 .30-06 cases and a few other things. You may be able to call and see what is available. Everyone is short on all the same things right now.

I have done business with them for years, except for a little hiatus for a couple of years they closed down. The owner is a straight dealer that doesn't gouge his customers. He will help with serious questions about reloading unless you're blowing smoke.

For those that knew the old store, it's moved from Palmer Hwy. to Loop 197 by Village Seafood.

Peter M. Eick
April 14, 2013, 08:13 AM
I believe ASC on westheimer parkway has H335. I thought I saw that yesterday when I was there.

AA9, the only place I have seen it in stock in Houston is 10 ring. I bought 6 lbs of it last time I was there.

herbertguidry
April 15, 2013, 10:43 PM
have you got any 231 left ,could use a couple pds.i may have some 4895 ill have to look

Triumph
April 15, 2013, 11:18 PM
herbertguidry have you got any 231 left ,could use a couple pds.i may have some 4895 ill have to look

Yes - I have plenty. How much do you need?

Bmac1949
April 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
Gander Mountain down on 45 South. Haven't been there in a couple of monts but it might be worth a call.

FatboyHD
April 29, 2013, 08:00 PM
I just made my first transaction with Houston Reloading supplies. Sherry met me over near Katy. Apparently comes this way several times a month. She was a very nice lady. They have a newsletter you can sign up for on their site. This is the most recent I received today. Figured this is best place to post because only sell local, they don't ship. So if you need any of this please give them a call, pricing and phone number on website houstonreloading.com
Below are items we have in stock:

40 once-fired brass
45 acp once-fired brass
45-70 once-fired brass
30-30 once-fired brass
30.06 once-fired brass

7.62 X 39mm 124gr FMJ projectiles

Alliant Blue Dot - 1#
Alliant Bullseye - 1#
Alliant Red Dot - 1#
Alliant Reloder 7 - 1#
Hodgdon Clays - 1#
Hodgdon Titewad - 1#
IMR 700X - 1#
Alliant 2000MR - 1# (great for .223 - 308)
Alliant 1200R - 1# (great for .223)

FatboyHD
April 29, 2013, 08:02 PM
Sorry, houstonreloadingsupply.com

Piratesailor
April 29, 2013, 08:47 PM
Another Houstonian here. South in clear lake and just started to reload. Hand loaded rifle in the late 70's early 80's. 9mm now. It's been a bear finding primers.

Houston reloading supply is good. Sherry is a real nice lady. Like everyone else, they get components in sporadically but seem to have good prices.

skwolf522
April 29, 2013, 08:54 PM
Grafs got a shipment of dillon equipment

650 in .308
and a 1050 in .41 mag
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/599?grafs_vendor_filter=29&grafs_sorting_flydown=stock_available&_swat_form_character_encoding=%C3%A4%E2%84%A2%C2%AE&_swat_form_process=grafs_sorting_form&_swat_form_serialized__swat_form_process=auRBAfJoHpPQd2FWx7MVIQ%7Cs%3A18%3A%22grafs_sorting_form%22%3B&_swat_form_hidden_fields=fDk71VXcXJddn45*bdDhwg%7Ca%3A1%3A%7Bi%3A0%3Bs%3A18%3A%22_swat_form_process%22%3B%7D

bodam
April 29, 2013, 09:10 PM
I lucked out and was able to get everything for .308 while I was in 10-ring last week.

They are pretty cleaned out. I hate to see them so empty, they must be struggling.

FatboyHD
April 29, 2013, 10:44 PM
Hey piratesailor, had my best luck checking Carter's country off I-10. I will check on way home tomorrow and pick some up for you if they have some. The only problem is they will only sell you 200 at a time so take some friends.

FatboyHD
April 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
Updated list from Houston reloading supply

I do have a correction to yesterday's newsletter. I stated that we had 7.62X39 projectiles. These are actually NOT projectiles but loaded boxes of ammo.

We received a variety of powders. They are as follows:

Alliant Power Pro 2000MR
Alliant Reloder 7
Alliant Power Pistol
Alliant Unique
IMR 4895
IMR 700X
IMR 4198
Hodgdon Titewad
Hodgdon H414
Hodgdon H4895
Winchester 748
Winchester Auto Comp
VihtaVuori N120

Frankford Arsenal Bullet Pullers
9mm Once Fired Cleaned and Polished brass

We've also received a few boxes of mixed brand primers, both large pistol, large rifle and also large rifle magnum.

Please remember that we will be closed Friday and Saturday but will reopen on Monday.

Thanks again. Ya'll are great.

Sherry & Ed

FatboyHD
April 30, 2013, 08:17 PM
Piratesailor tried but they were out of primers too. Any specific brand you looking for?

FatboyHD
May 7, 2013, 04:24 PM
It was great seeing many of you at the NRA. If you didn't go, you missed a great time. I haven't done that much walking in ages.

Below is a list of the latest items that we've received:

Alliant Unique 1#
Alliant Red Dot 1#
Hodgdon Titewad 1#
IMR 700X 1#
Accurate LT-32 1#
Reloder 7 1#
Reloder 15 1#
Reloder 19 1#
Alliant Power Pro 2000MR 1#
Hodgdon H414 1#
IMR 7828 SSC
Hodgdon Longshot 1#

Sierra .308 165gr SPBT
Nosler .224 55gr Ballistic Tip

Smart Reloader case lub pad with reloading tray
RCBS Case Lube pads

9mm brass
40mm brass
45 ACP brass
30-30 Brass
30.06 Brass
45-70 Brass

Nikon M-223 Rifle Scope 1-4X 20mm BDC 600 Reticle Matte
Bobro Mount for Scope

FatboyHD
May 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
Good Morning All,

Hope everyone is safe, dry and indoors. It's a great day to be inside to do some reloading. Today's shipment includes the following:

Hodgdon H414 1#

Winchester AutoComp 1#

Vihtavuori N133 1#

Vihtavuori N135 1#

Vihtavuori N320 1#

Vihtavuori N530 1#

Everyone have a safe and blessed weekend.

Thanking you in advance,

Sherry & Ed
Houston Reloading Supplies
832-220-6053

Piratesailor
May 21, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hey fellow Houstonians. My primer drought is over. Over the past month I've been lucky with Midway, Natchez and powder river for spp and lpp. It's amazing how fast they sell out though. I hate the $27 hazmat fee but in enough quantity it averages out.

FatboyHD
June 20, 2013, 07:23 PM
Bass pro in Katy has all primers in stock limit 2000 $37.99 per 1000. Carter's country I-10 and bingle Spp limit 200 $4.77 per 100. Now at bass pro if you need rifle or large pistol they allow additional 2000.

If you enjoyed reading about "Houston Reloading Thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!