Arcus 94 and +p ammo. Happy together or recipe for disaster?

PDA

RightIsRight
March 13, 2004, 07:53 PM
Is +p or +p+ OK to use in the Arcus 94 Hi Power clone?

The manual just gives the warning not to use reloads.

The Arcus website isn't much help either.

I just cleaned the cosmoline off mine and was going to air it out tomorrow. But I lost one of those tiny grip screws :cuss: Maybe the Home Depot has something with similar threads...

If you enjoyed reading about "Arcus 94 and +p ammo. Happy together or recipe for disaster?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Wyatt
March 13, 2004, 07:58 PM
home depot does not.

the local industrial supply will, or know where you can get one.

do you have a thread pitch gauge?

BHPshooter
March 13, 2004, 11:18 PM
Hi there, RightisRight.

You can get new grip screws from CDNN, and they are pretty inexpensive, last time I looked.

Ah, there they are. A bit tricky to find, under grips/Browning/Hogue. These are made by Hogue, but should work fine. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/browhipautfi.html

Also noteworthy are thier 17 and 15 round South African magazines.

Wes

EDIT: whoops, I completely ignored the +P question. HPs are generally regarded as a pistol that you wouldn't want to shoot a lot of +P through, although I doubt it would hurt it. Keep in mind that +P will accelerate wear on any pistol, though.

PCRCCW
March 14, 2004, 09:34 AM
Well......Ill explain my train of thought and you can take it for what its worth...........European guns, like the CZ/Arcus/Fillintheblank....are made to NATO spec ammo and pressures. Most NATO spec ammo is in the +P range and from what I can tell the Arcus is the heaviest made BHP on the market.

Ive got a 94 that I just got back from having its triggerectomy and its SWWEETT!..........It will become a ccw for me and shoot +P+.....of course it will have Wolff Springs in it.......as added insurance.

Shoot well.

RightIsRight
March 14, 2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replies.

PCRCCW

Where did you get your trigger work done?

PCRCCW
March 14, 2004, 04:58 PM
A local place that specializes in 1911's.......when I got my gun its sear was broken and the trigger sucked! I just dropped it off to have them check it out. They found the sear problem and got a free one from the distributor as a replacement part. Total cost 55$ for a 4# breaks like glass" trigger job...........way nice..

I dont think they take mail in work.......but its called Barlows Custom Guns.
801-973-4788.....................

Shoot well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Arcus 94 and +p ammo. Happy together or recipe for disaster?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!