A sad day!

PDA

Just One Shot
March 18, 2013, 06:14 PM
Friday my favorite local gun store closed it's doors for the last time. It was a small 3 man operation that started up 3 years and 1 month ago. The current market being what it is makes it extremly hard for the little guy to keep going.

I was there when they opened and have bought or traded a number of guns from them. They were the type to do what they could to make a customer a friend and they always made everyone feel welcomed even if you stopped by just to shoot the breeze.

During the past few months they were unable to get any firearms and very little ammo and accessories. I stopped in a couple weeks back to see if they could get a 3.5 lb. trigger bar for a G19, Josh stated he could order it from the whse. as they showed it in stock but the whse. was so far behind on filling orders it would take 2 weeks to get in.

I live in West central Ohio and prior to this I was informed of 5 Eastern Indiana stores shutting down. We still have a few places to purchase guns and ammo but none of them are able to provide the customer service I rcvd. there. So, if you have a favorite gun store and you have the funds available, be sure to drop in and make a purchase (provided they have anything) to help them keep going.

R.I.P. Artillery Shed! :(

If you enjoyed reading about "A sad day!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
akv3g4n
March 18, 2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah, times like these hit the smaller shops the hardest. It's a shame and I hope that the small gun shop that I go to can get through this. They still had a decent inventory when I was in there last week. I'm trying to do my part for them.:D

hey_poolboy
March 18, 2013, 08:17 PM
My condolences. It stinks losing a favorite gun shop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

afponiky
March 18, 2013, 10:13 PM
I hate to see that also. Though I would love to see my small local gun shop close up and fold. He is such a cheater, low down B*****d and doesn't give a hoot about anyone but himself. I actually got yelled at by him for looking through the different powders he had in stock about 2 months ago. If he wanted to sell his stock there should be no reason to not let someone look through the shelf. He is rude, doesn't have a whole lot, but I was at some point trying to go there to buy stuff from him to help him out. NO MORE... I HOPE HE FOLDS!

I don't need him, and I won't ever go back there.

I know...... Flame suit on!

Hey, want to make it in business, try helping out your customers......

Some I feel for, some I don't.............

:cuss:

BigBore44
March 19, 2013, 02:47 AM
I'm lucky that my LGS has been in business for probably 30+ years and draws customers away from all the major stores in this part of the state by keeping prices very competitive (if not lower) and amazing customer service. They will be in business for a long time to come.

Teachu2
March 19, 2013, 03:01 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8794623#post8794623

nathan
March 19, 2013, 09:13 PM
Every gunshop are selling their inventories on online auctions to get the maximum profits.
I guess its better to be at home and not pay overhead cost . That s how gun dealers are now doing to make money.

bushmaster1313
March 19, 2013, 09:44 PM
Heritage in Rahway, NJ has a steady stream of customers and an excellent gunsmith.

Lex Luthier
March 19, 2013, 10:37 PM
Sad to hear. I lost my (very) small business about four years ago. The economy, and the people who actually choose to spend their money on quality, and out of conscience, are going away. It is about being a cheapskate more than ever.

If you enjoyed reading about "A sad day!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!