Need some help describin this gun.

PDA

Jim, West PA
March 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna put this up on the block over on the 'Buy, Sell and Trade, Handguns '
forum but don't know how to properly advertise it.
Is this a '60 Navy ? '61 ? er waht ?
Thanx :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some help describin this gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Doak
March 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
I would describe it as an 1851 Confederate Navy (Brass Frame). Is it .36 cal? If it's a larger cal. it'd be a hybrid...no?

J-Bar
March 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
It appears to be a brass-framed copy of an 1851 Colt Navy. The cylinder does not appear to be rebated so I assume it is a .36 caliber?

List the maker if you can, and determine the year of manufacture from the proof marks if it is more than a couple of years old.

Edit:

Good shot Doak, ya beat me to the draw!!

Jim, West PA
March 19, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thanx Doak and Bar. Yep, it's .36.
I'll hafta look up the year.

Doak
March 19, 2013, 03:06 PM
Was waitin' fer ya J-Bar...guess I got impatient. :-D

Jaymo
March 19, 2013, 06:36 PM
It's purty, is what it is.
I can't afford it, though.
We had a hailstorm yesterday evening, with golf ball and baseball sized hail.
All 3 of my personal vehicles, plus my new company van, now have cracked windshields and look like someone took a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal.
My fun money is going to be gone for a while. :(

BHP FAN
March 19, 2013, 06:37 PM
http://powderhombre.com/mbpproofmarks.pdf

Fingers McGee
March 19, 2013, 07:42 PM
Its a replica of the Schneider and Glassick revolver. Basically a brass framed copy ofthe famed 1851 Colt Navy. If it had a Dragoon style round barrel, it would be a Griswold and Gunnison.

swathdiver
March 19, 2013, 11:56 PM
What Fingers said; probably an ASM too.

Hellgate
March 20, 2013, 01:14 AM
What Swathdiver said (from the shape of the grip).

Jim, West PA
March 20, 2013, 06:17 AM
I know it's an A.S.M. ferllers.
For as you can see, it is clearly marked so....

I jist dint know what model 'nat.
Thanx fer all the responses.

Do y'all think a price tag of $175 shipped is ok ?

Jim, West PA
March 20, 2013, 06:24 AM
We had a hailstorm yesterday evening, with golf ball and baseball sized hail.
All 3 of my personal vehicles, plus my new company van, now have cracked windshields and look like someone took a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal.
My fun money is going to be gone for a while.
DANG Jaymo. !!!!
Good thing you and yourn weren't out in it.

I had to laugh tho when ya got to the .." look like someone took a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal " tho.
Reminded me of one winter morn my wife's car had frozen icy snow all over it and i used the side of a corn broom to break it up. Well, a few days later after a melt i saw that i had put little dents all over her car that . " look like someone took a ball peen hammer to the sheet metal " :banghead: Hahahaha !!

Fingers McGee
March 20, 2013, 11:47 AM
Being an engraved model, $175 shipped would be an appropriate starting price. From the pictures, it looks little - if any - used.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some help describin this gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!