Load Data?

PDA

horsemen61
March 19, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hey guys here is my question how to you store your load data and what do consider to be vital to have in your load data Thanks Horsemen61.

If you enjoyed reading about "Load Data?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buck460XVR
March 19, 2013, 07:51 PM
All of my loads get recorded in one of those small leather bound notebooks with the elastic band. When one gets full I just start another. Info kept is Date loaded; how many; Bullet brand, weight and type; powder brand and weight of charge; primer brand and type; brass brand and number of firings(if known); a COL on autoloader rounds and a reference number that is also put on the boxes of ammo made in that batch. This helps me to distinguish this loading from others that are similar. Doing this lets me know which boxes of pet loads are the oldest and also will tell me what other boxes remain from a batch if I encounter any problems.

Walkalong
March 19, 2013, 08:15 PM
Here's my minimum.

boommer
March 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
Load meno's are per gun because no such load is the same in the same cal gun so you are back to ground zero for the next gun and been doing this for 30+years so I have A GOOD load map in my head. JUST get yourself a binder and add pages as needed.

cfullgraf
March 19, 2013, 10:19 PM
I use loose leaf binders, one tab per cartridge. Each tab has a data sheet, velocity sheet, group sheet, and notes.

The data sheet has lot number, date, case, bullet, powder, primer, and some notes pn equipment settings.

The lot number is used to reference loads on the velocity and group sheets. I do chronograph or group every lot so why clutter up the data sheet with bunches of empty spaces.

I keep number of case loadings with the case. Outside of noting ultimate case life, i do not feel the need to keep track in my data log.

Loaded ammuniton boxes are labeled with the date, lot number, bullet and powder.

When I was shooting Service Rifle, I kept that data in its own tab separate from 223 Rem because it had some differences. Otherwise I do not segregate tabs by rifle.

I do keep a list of what loads work best in what rifle.

Nalgi
March 21, 2013, 12:48 AM
I set up an Excel spread sheet for each load and keep a hard copy on my reloading bench and in my computer

Cranky CJ
March 21, 2013, 02:59 AM
3 ring binder, coupled with an excel spread sheet that calculates an averaged speed and energy when input. copy printed off and put into the 3 ring binder.

Grumulkin
March 21, 2013, 03:50 AM
All of my loads get recorded in one of those small leather bound notebooks with the elastic band. When one gets full I just start another. Info kept is Date loaded; how many; Bullet brand, weight and type; powder brand and weight of charge; primer brand and type; brass brand and number of firings(if known); a COL on autoloader rounds and a reference number that is also put on the boxes of ammo made in that batch. This helps me to distinguish this loading from others that are similar. Doing this lets me know which boxes of pet loads are the oldest and also will tell me what other boxes remain from a batch if I encounter any problems.
I use the same small notebooks. I use one for each cartridge and, if I'm shooting a particular cartridge in more than one gun, I'll sometimes have a notebook devoted to just that gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Load Data?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!