The virus is still alive and well- .223 prices

PDA

sobx
March 19, 2013, 09:32 PM
The price craze is still upon us, even though fairly ridiculous.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh621/sobxoutdoors1/IMAG0050_zpsa81a19a7.jpg

These were well used, both of them. Around the corner you could get some swanky new DPMS AR-15s with collapsible stocks, multiple rails, etc, for about $1200 or so. Not back to perfect, but not $3000+ either. Is this nuts or what?

If you enjoyed reading about "The virus is still alive and well- .223 prices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ID-shooting
March 19, 2013, 09:48 PM
Show them the today's headline.

BK
March 19, 2013, 10:24 PM
Today's headlines won't instantly rectify a lack of supply. It will still take months to fill backorders upon backorders before supply is anywhere in the zipcode it used to be. Without decent supply, demand still pushes prices up. Empty shelves locally will continue to make gunbroker prices higher than "normal". Plus, all the people who were caught without satisfactory stock and who are trying to stockpile enough for comfort are still going to buy all they can for as long as they feel is necessary. I would imagine that a very few people are going to stop shopping just because the AWB isn't traveling at the speed it was last week.

adelbridge
March 20, 2013, 12:19 PM
I am a gun show junky and I know one Dbag vendor that has been asking $900 for the same used Remington R1 1911 for the last three months. We never know what these guys paid to buy them, for example I sold a gun show vendor a shot out colt A1 upper with BCG for $660. Another problem is "private seller" tables that claim to be selling their own collection and their value add is no paper work. Premiums are paid for one reason or another not to have a NICS background check. The only cure for high prices are high prices. Oil would be a similar visible market with the same type of speculation driven frenzy.

desidog
March 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
Was that at a gun show?

Lots of crazy stuff at gun shows these days.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1771xy.jpg

Yeah, that's $1275 for a M1891 Carcano Cavalry Carbine... i bought one a month ago for $180.

Arbo
March 20, 2013, 05:35 PM
It's insanity. We have a gun show here this weekend, I'm afraid to go as I don't think I can keep my mouth shut if I see such bold raping of other gun enthusiasts. I was out today and picked up some powder, was talking to the guys in the shop, they said they have been selling a lot to people they KNOW are going to have the stuff they bought at the gun show at super elevated prices. There are words for such people, but I'm pretty sure using them is agains the rules here.

sobx
March 20, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yes, it was at a gun show in New Bern NC this weekend. It's not really rape, so much as complete stupidity. When the table next to you has a nicer, brand new AR for $2300 less, you are going to regret wasting your weekend sitting there with people laughing as they walk by. Now, if all the tables were $3500 for ARs, well then who knows. But this is just silly.

If you enjoyed reading about "The virus is still alive and well- .223 prices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!