Primer pocket uniformer differences.

PDA

CLP
March 20, 2013, 12:17 AM
I've been checking on Sinclair's Primer Pocket uniformers every week or so for a while since I need a large rifle primer uniformer. The link is http://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-preparation/primer-pocket-tools/handles/sinclair-primer-pocket-uniformers-large-rifle-sku749003710-34720-63188.aspx?sku=749003710.

Anyway, there's a uniformer on there for PPC/BR. It's apparently used by some on .223 from what I've read on the item Q&A. What does that uniformer offer that the regular small rifle one doesn't?

If you enjoyed reading about "Primer pocket uniformer differences." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Otto
March 20, 2013, 01:28 AM
The PPC/BR uniformer is designed not to stick in the tapered primer pockets of Laupau PPC & BR cases. In other words, the uniformer is slightly smaller in diameter than the more common SR uniformer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Primer pocket uniformer differences." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!