Model 70 Winlite

PDA

elktrout
March 20, 2013, 02:02 AM
I thought these Model 70s had a plastic or composite stock, black in color. I saw one recently that had a composite stock that looked like wood. Were there original Winlite's with wood look alike stocks? Were these any good, or do you have to re-stock them to get a good shooter?

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 Winlite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Abel
March 20, 2013, 06:10 AM
The Winlite had a McMillan Classic. The best.

jmr40
March 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
Winlites came from the factroy with a McMillan stock. McMillan used to offer a stock with a simulated wood grain. I've never seen the simulated wood on a Winlite. It could have come from the factroy that way, but my guess is that someone either replaced the factory Mcmillan stock, or sent it back to McMillan to be refinished in the simulated wood.

Just guessing here, but that would be my guess.

Any McMillan should shoot just fine as long as it fits the rifle. In rare cases a little final fittng or bedding the recoil lug may help. I've several that I took out of the box, bolted to the gun and they shot just fine. Some were glass bedded, with no improvement, not that they needed improving.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 Winlite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!