While jogging...

PDA

InkEd
March 20, 2013, 09:39 AM
Just curious what and how anyone carries when jogging or walking for exercises?

If you enjoyed reading about "While jogging..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mainsail
March 20, 2013, 09:45 AM
When I was running off base (no weapons on base) I ran in some light hiking shorts with a Taurus .38 snub on my belt. I recently picked up an XDs to fill that role.

Water-Man
March 20, 2013, 09:49 AM
Well, my jogging days are over but when I did I usually used a belly band.

March 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
Don't jog anymore these days since my knees are too messed up from a couple of bad car accidents, but I do a lot of walking/hiking these days and carry my usual CCW, a Glock 17.

460Kodiak
March 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
I don't jog because I injured my back when I was 25. I hike and walk a lot though. Springfield XDs in a IWB hybrid holster.

mljdeckard
March 20, 2013, 11:00 AM
I also am 'permantly' injured, according to the army, I wear my normal carry rig.

doc2rn
March 20, 2013, 01:31 PM
I used the NAA .22 WMR with a dogtag holster style neclace.

jogar80
March 20, 2013, 01:53 PM
I don't jog because I'm fat.
I'm fat because I dont jog.
Oooh... it's a viscious cycle!

But if I WERE to go jogging, I'd probably use a Ruger LCP in a belly band

ku4hx
March 20, 2013, 02:27 PM
A belly band type.

Mphstiger1981
March 20, 2013, 05:29 PM
Check out pistol wear. I wear a PT-2 when I run. I normally carry either a snub nose revolver or my S&W Shield with no problem. I also use my SmartCarry some, but find the Pistol Wear chafes less.

MagnumDweeb
March 20, 2013, 05:29 PM
Rossi 462 inside my pocket with the hammer on an empty cylinder hole, only leaves me five shots but that's why they are .357 magnum 125 Grain SJHP Remington. I tuck it behind my large fat leather wallet and I go, I sprint till failure and walk for thirty seconds then sprint till failure for thirty minutes, it's quite a strange image for passerbyes but oh well. There's a straight a way near my house that goes on for a mile so I can keep track of "laps".

gandog56
March 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
Everybody coming up with excuses why they don't jog any more!:rolleyes:

Mine is two total knee replacements. :banghead:

kbbailey
March 20, 2013, 08:42 PM
I have a NAA .22mag with a holstergrip folding full-size grip. That grip has a integral belt clip. I fasten the beltclip over the elastic band of my running shorts, then cinch up the drawstring. A t-shirt easily covers what little bit of gun is visible above waistband.
The gun is very light, so this actually works pretty well. I know beltclips are available for some small Kel-tecs. P32, P3AT,...I'm sure they could be carried the same way.

kbbailey
March 20, 2013, 08:48 PM
Everybody coming up with excuses why they don't jog any more

I do 3.2mi... 6days/wk.

Mine is two total knee replacements

good reason, my dad has dbl replacement.

OptimusPrime
March 20, 2013, 09:07 PM
Nothing anymore. It's a decision based on the fact that a) I have nothing on me to steal, b) no reason to attract a fight, c) no wild animals around me, d) it gets heavy. My threat assessment while running is that it's just not worth it the extra weight.

oldandslow
March 20, 2013, 10:34 PM
IE, 3/21/13

I'm in my late 50's and still run five miles uphill twice a week. I routinely carry an aluminum framed pistol in a waist pack (SW 3914 or 6904, Sig 245). I've tried a heavier all-steel pistol but the constant banging on sensitive areas made me sing in soprano. I also carry my keys, ID, CCW papers and money in the waist pack. Works fine.

best wishes- oldandslow

303tom
March 20, 2013, 10:41 PM
I carry my mini-revolver in my pocket as usual...................

Climb14er
March 21, 2013, 12:17 AM
I also carry a NAA .22 Mag in a IWB on my running short's elastic waist band. Works great.

leadcounsel
March 21, 2013, 02:15 AM
Have one, like it.

http://www.pistolwear.com/

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=701382&page=3

bannockburn
March 21, 2013, 06:02 AM
Treadmill in the basement alleviates the need to go outside to jog. However if I were so inclined to go outside I would probably take my KelTec P3AT along in some type of belly band holster.

460Kodiak
March 21, 2013, 08:53 AM
Everybody coming up with excuses why they don't jog any more

True. I really wish I could run, but 3 buldged disks prevent that. I do get on an elliptical machine though 3 days a week and do 10 mile burns each time. So at least 30 miles a week. Plus in summer I hike 10 to 15 miles a week. I don't carry at the gym, since it's filled with very timid people and I live in a small town. Hmmmm, it's a YMCA. I bet they wouldn't let me carry anyway.

If I could, it would still be my XDs.

bds
March 21, 2013, 09:02 AM
I jog on the treadmill in front of flat panel TV on the wall in my wife's air conditioned "woman cave" with my favorite beverage in the cup holder and Glock 22/23 within hand's reach. :D

19-3Ben
March 21, 2013, 09:17 AM
Everybody coming up with excuses why they don't jog any more!

Mine is two total knee replacements.

Mine is that I do Crossfit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M) 4 days/week and that beats me up plenty, thankyouverymuch. So now I only run for 2 days a week to get in the additional cardio.

I've never found a way to comfortably carry while running. No matter what, even with my LCP it bounces around so I just accepted that I would not be able to carry while running. Looking at this thread I'm temped to get something like a belly band.

Bullet Bob
March 21, 2013, 03:07 PM
If this reason is good enough for someone with the "right stuff", it's good enough for me:

"I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street."
Neil Armstrong on jogging, in an interview with Walter Cronkite

Personally, I have a killer canine with me at all times:
http://fototime.com/B63E901F5AA2141/standard.jpg

mcdonl
March 21, 2013, 03:13 PM
I don't. Given my environment I feel safe exercising without a gun. Besides, we so crossfit/high impact stuff so it would not be very feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcdonl
March 21, 2013, 03:14 PM
Sorry. Send to soon

But if I chose to I would make it a pocket carry and just use good sweats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mat, not doormat
March 22, 2013, 04:02 AM
Kel-tec P32, clipped to my fuel belt. It's lighter than a water bottle. No big deal.

dusty14u
March 22, 2013, 12:11 PM
I usually carry a PF9 in a fanny pack. Been doing for around 5 yrs now and the gun has held up fine. I'm on my 2nd fanny pack. The gun weighs around 14ozs so it isn't overly heavy.

Ben86
April 1, 2013, 06:56 PM
I run with my kahr pm9 iwb. I barely even notice its there.

Torian
April 1, 2013, 07:12 PM
For me, it is more about the holster than the gun. If it doesn't stay snug and stay put, it's a no go. I like using the the Executive Waistband Holster. It's a little pricey, but I've heard that some of the Agents that guard the prez while he is jogging like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Survival-Executive-Protection-Waistband/dp/B004MC0PJ8

My Browning HP is a perfect fit, but I could also carry a fullsize 1911 as well without a problem.

asia331
April 2, 2013, 12:56 AM
My running days are past me now but for both exercise and stress relief I walk the trails and in winter get some ice skating in. In both circumstances a sidearm is standard. Don't mean to be preachy but once firearms are part of your lifestyle it really isn't an issue though I will admit... I don't swim much.

Zardaia
April 2, 2013, 01:27 AM
Walking I'll carry normally. Jogging it's bodyguard .380 in a belly band.

Stevie-Ray
April 2, 2013, 02:57 PM
I'm fast-walking now, so I just use my EDC. When I jogged, it was with a P32 in pocket. Only thing I had that was light enough. BTNG.

Gun Geezer
April 3, 2013, 05:09 AM
If this reason is good enough for someone with the "right stuff", it's good enough for me:

"I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street."
Neil Armstrong on jogging, in an interview with Walter Cronkite

Personally, I have a killer canine with me at all times:
http://fototime.com/B63E901F5AA2141/standard.jpg
Yep, that's some real defense right there. If you're attacked by a dog biscuit! But she looks like great company.

theblaze
April 3, 2013, 10:18 PM
I find anything heavier than a lightweight J frame to be too much for me.

So, a J frame in a belly band is what goes with me with when I go jogging.

Anything in a fanny pack bounces too much, and I don't wear a belt with sweats.

mquail
April 4, 2013, 08:30 AM
I don't jog anymore either. I do power walk 2 to 5 miles several times a week when the weather allows. I have a little Taurus pt738 that slips into my back pocket and is used mostly for skunks. On several occasions I've been joined by skunks. I'm not sure if their eyesight is poor or what is going on so I shoot them.

ACP
April 4, 2013, 08:58 PM
folding knife, maybe a small pepper spray

If you enjoyed reading about "While jogging..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!