What to carry---conundrum.

PDA

mach1.3
March 20, 2013, 06:24 PM
Have carried my Kimber CDPII Pro over the last year. The gun carries well but I wanted a change. Have recently been carrying a Sig P220 compact and must say I am quite happy. It's slightly lighter, slightly shorter and slightly less tall. It is a very reliable action, is accurate and feels good on the wb. It is one less rd. but that is the only minus. I would say it has solidified it's position in my carry rotation. Best of all for my psyche it's a .45.

If you enjoyed reading about "What to carry---conundrum." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
March 20, 2013, 06:48 PM
I am a 1911 guy and a Kimber guy. I carry one year-round.

But if you like the Sig better and you SHOOT the Sig better, by all means carry it. I wouldmn't let one round make the difference, I would practice reloads.

MasterSergeantA
March 20, 2013, 06:54 PM
I've carried a 1911 variant of some sort for the past 45 years. Currently I have a Dan Wesson/CZ and a Smith & Wesson, both bobtail commander frames. They get equal attention.

hardluk1
March 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
Might want to check out the kahrs pistols. A CW or P are light weight and will feel right but with a smooth da trigger. Or the larger TP series, comander sized but still way lighter than even the sig. Depending on your holster the kahrs may fit the 1911 holsters

Hunter991
March 20, 2013, 07:39 PM
Kahr is an awesome choice.

If you enjoyed reading about "What to carry---conundrum." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!