Looking for a diagram of Gahendra Martini/Henry 577/45

PDA

exbrit49
March 21, 2013, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys,
Just acquired a Gahendra Matini/Henry, its a real golden oldie, It needs a little work and has a week striker spring.
Does anyone know a source for a diagram and also a source for parts. I can probably make or adapt a spring but would rather take the easier way out and buy one
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Roger

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a diagram of Gahendra Martini/Henry 577/45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rojelio
March 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
You can check with IMA or Atlanta Cutlery for parts. May take a phone call.
Good Luck!

zimmerstutzen
March 21, 2013, 12:53 PM
For a diagram, check through the archives over at the British Militaria forums under Martini. There are several Gahendra owners there. I purchased three of them at Interarms in Alexandria Va back in the early 1980's along with some long lever Enfields. I was intrigued by the Gahendra design right off. I swapped one to a guy named Reb who worked as a federal prison guard. By Breech seating a paper patched 45-70 bullet and shoving a case full of powder in the chamber he was shooting 4 inch groups at 100 yards offhand. Sometimes what seems like a weak spring is merely caused by the "cosmo-sludge" gumming up the interior. I still have one of the Gahendras I bought back then, I stripped the thing down and cleaned a quarter pound of sludge from it. Very interesting insides. It has a giant spurless revolver style hammer in side The had been a web site devoted to the Gahendra, but I have not been able to find it to day.

zimmerstutzen
March 21, 2013, 01:03 PM
This site has an exploded view that may be helpful

http://www.militaryrifles.com/Nepal/NPAction.htm

Berkley
March 21, 2013, 04:05 PM
Step-by-step illustrated disassembly-reassembly of the Gahendra: LINK (http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1760-Disassembly-of-Martini-Henrys-Greeners-amp-Gahendra-s-repair-tips). Scroll down to Post #3. Post #7 details fabrication of a replacement spring from a DGW part.

exbrit49
March 21, 2013, 11:01 PM
Great bunch of guys on this section of the forum and as usual all the data I needed is provided by you guys.
Thanks a million, it really is appreciated.:):)

Jaymo
March 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
I've actually watched a couple of the Atlanta Cutlery employees cleaning some of the rifles they import/sell.
There's a lot of gunk and goo and sludge in those guns before they're thoroughly cleaned.
They have a warehouse full of cool stuff, with cases upon cases full of different Indian and Nepalese antique military arms.
What I'd like to have are the Nepalese bronze cannon and Bira gun they have in the warehouse.
Do you know how hard it is for a gun/knife/militaria collector to focus on repairing a forklift when surrounded by a warehouse full of antique guns/khukuris/militaria?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a diagram of Gahendra Martini/Henry 577/45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!