What purchases do you plan to make ?

PDA

whetrock
March 21, 2013, 11:50 AM
When the craziness subsides that is. I was planning on making an educated purchase, and purchasing the best AR 10 I could get for my money, before I was so brashly interrupted, by the entire mass panic buys, and crazy demand that helped make the outlandish prices from some retailers and individuals :what: So maybe if the buying spree will die down I'll go back to trying to find a .308 semi of a sort, and a "retro" AR-15, if possible. Also I'm beginning to make a dent in my 22lr stash and feel like I could stand to replenish it in the coming months. I was curious as to what you other highroaders were interested in purchasing when/if things level out back to the norm. Pmags may be a precious commodity for a bit longer than I thought, still I'm not going to purchase any for the going rate. I hope they can get their tooling up and running in a timely manner, stateside, and get fresh mags in the market, for the right price.

If you enjoyed reading about "What purchases do you plan to make ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MErl
March 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
sadly large portions of my list are "Get it by July 1 or never."

Akita1
March 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
Current wishlist: Springfield M1A, M-1 Garand (if I can find a good one), HK P30 (.40)...and all the ammo I can find!

commygun
March 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
Ammo, ammo, ammo.

CoRoMo
March 21, 2013, 12:52 PM
Buying mags now as I have less than 3 1/2 months to do so before the ban is in effect.

mdauben
March 21, 2013, 01:01 PM
Honestly, other than picking up a few more mags when the prices are right, I'm pretty well set as far as semiautos go. My current wish list consists mainly of revolvers and bolt actions rifles. And of course several thousand rounds of ammo, I don't want to get caught like this again. :rolleyes:

volleyfire
March 21, 2013, 01:05 PM
M1 Garand & M1 Carbine.

returningfire
March 21, 2013, 01:08 PM
Ammo and reloading components. Lots.

HankR
March 21, 2013, 01:14 PM
I may start casting (so, furnace, molds, etc). It's been on the list for awhile anywho.

trapper1
March 21, 2013, 01:17 PM
Another safe:D

FitGunner
March 21, 2013, 01:20 PM
If prices go back to normal(ish): Ammo and mags. I've also had my eye on the Kahr CM9, a .357 levergun, Mossberg MVP, M&P9, M1 Carbine, SKS, 20" AR upper, .22 AR upper, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion, etc. Also gear like holsters, lights, grips, slings, sights, etc. Crap, too many things on my list.

CoRoMo
March 21, 2013, 01:29 PM
...I'm pretty well set as far as semiautos go.
I've always been fine with my stock of mags. However, the new legislation that was signed here changed everything. I realized that my kids should have magazines of their own for when they become gun owners.

So I went from 22 mags in December to now having 153 as of today, and possibly more to come between now and July 1st. Goes to show you have well a mag ban works!

Blackbeard
March 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
I realized that my kids should have magazines of their own for when they become gun owners.

Doesn't the new CO law make it a felony to transfer magazines? To be legal you have to maintain continuous possession. Your kids may be SOL unless they move out of state.

CoRoMo
March 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
It is not a felony.

It is a misdemeanor... only if done after July 1st.

The transfers have already taken place.

dirtykid
March 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
Pretty much set on semi-auto mags and ammo,

My next purchase in the works currently will be a REALLY nice 30-06,

Oh, and some CCI LRHP's when they drop down to some-what normal prices

MrTwigg
March 21, 2013, 01:47 PM
More heating oil. :banghead:

Stoopid groundhog. :cuss:

Agsalaska
March 21, 2013, 02:06 PM
Ammo. I am not a big range guy. In fact, other than sighting in my deer rifle, shooting a deer, and an occassional pistol magazine, I never shoot centerfire guns. I can get thru a year on less than 300 rounds of centerfire. So before I left Nevada for Texas me and a couple of buddies went out and shot off all of my ammo except for one mag for my glock. I was moving into a hotel, then corporate apartment, then house. Less **** to carry and I could just buy more. Well because I dont shoot a lot the whole buying more thing never really happened. When the ammo shortage hit, I had less than 200 rounds total, including rimfire. I had that glock mag, 50 38sp, a box of 20 .40cal for my Kahr, half a box of 6.5x55, and some bird shot for my 12 gauge. I have been, albeit very slowly, restocking every since. I did buy 500 7.62x39 right before the prices jumped. But I still would have a short session at the range. So my focus will be ammo.

kbbailey
March 21, 2013, 02:17 PM
My latest 'gun money' purchase was spent on a Life membership to the NRA. As much as i look forward to buying new guns, I really want to keep the ones I already have.

Life membership is a reduced rate right now.

pistolpositive
March 21, 2013, 02:22 PM
ammo, 22LR particularly will be on my list. This time I will do the "brick" a month routine or thereabouts.
M1-Garande (for shooting, not showing) is and has been on my list for a while.
And a .17 HMR revolver.
powder, primers, bullets.

HOOfan_1
March 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
I want an M&P 40 and a Varmint AR....but all of my money keeps going to home and car repair....

Teachu2
March 21, 2013, 02:51 PM
I'd tell you, but I don't want to start ANOTHER panic!!!!

It's wise to start laying in long-term food, water, and other essentials BEFORE those follow the same pattern as guns and ammo.

gwsut
March 21, 2013, 03:00 PM
I would like to have a box of 22 bullets.

bannockburn
March 21, 2013, 03:03 PM
Guns, ammo, magazines, ammo, holsters, ammo, additional reloading components, ammo, gun related accessories, ammo...

I think that about covers it for now.

jim243
March 21, 2013, 03:04 PM
New reloading press and components.

GrOuNd_ZeRo
March 21, 2013, 03:13 PM
Ammo, "Assault Ammo Clip Magazine", ammo, imploding bullets, that should thing that goes up, a picture of Di-Fi to fab to...oh uhmmm...NVM.

I would like more mags for my 15-22 and Norinco AK :) but definitly ammo...the imploding kind that produces mini-blackholes...I think that's what a Black Talon does :P

Arkansas Paul
March 21, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'll prolly get an AR.
And all the primers, powder and lead I can afford.

shotgunjoel
March 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'll buy a bunch of 22lr, I got caught a little bit short this time around, but I'll make it.

rdhood
March 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
A Garand chambered in .308, at least 10 magazines for every gun I own, and at least an EXTRA 1000 rounds of ammo for every gun I own.

whetrock
March 21, 2013, 05:07 PM
I want some 20 round (the straight USGI nhmtg/Colt) AR mags as well. Never have owned any before, and certainly not now, but I'd love to try some in the hopefully near future.

ol' scratch
March 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
Magazines for the FAL, the Beretta 92 and maybe some more for the AR. I will also pick up 8 pounds of H4895, IMR 4895, or some Varget. I have bullets and brass coming for the .308.

Longterm another gun safe (mine is too full) and a long range precision bolt action rifle complete with a nice optic on a Remington 700. I am also considering a 6.5 Grendel upper for one of my AR rifles.

thepumpfaction
March 21, 2013, 05:32 PM
A box of .22s lol

tygranch
March 21, 2013, 05:34 PM
I always have an ample supply of components on hand, but aquired a Kimber a while back and only had about 600 large pistol primers and even less .45 bullets. I plan on stocking up on those items. When I hit Powerball I'll buy an M1A super match. Don't really need anything else, but there's always room for one more!

Grassman
March 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
When available I'm buying no less than 5000 rds of .22lr

Ignition Override
March 21, 2013, 07:20 PM
Primarily extra 7.62x39 and .22 ammo, only After the prices drop a large fraction, plus reloading powder.

Also a second CMP Garand, because they might not have access to enough extra M-1s (returned via the DOD) to keep their prices stable for very long. Whether it is another SA action, H&R... makes no difference.

RetiredUSNChief
March 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
I've been wanting to purchase a Colt Single Action Army for a looooooong time. That gun has been a dream of mine since childhood.

Specifically the .45 Colt, 5 1/2 inch barrel, blue/color case hardened.

I've recently gotten my finances in line with my long term goals and have opened up the avenue to buying one. The wait time on them is several months, even before the recent political hype causing many backlogs and delays.

I just found out from a brother of mine that he has a friend with two Colt SAA pistols...one his shooting and bragging pistol, the other NIB. And he wants to sell one of them!

I told him to check with his friend, described what I want, and if the NIB is actually is in NIB condition with the features I want, I'd be willing to buy it if the price is right.

Keep your fingers crossed!

:D

mf-dif
March 21, 2013, 11:05 PM
On my list...an M1A, 10/22 TD, Marlin Lever 30-30, AK when they are back to 499.

larryh1108
March 21, 2013, 11:15 PM
primers and powder. Lots. If you have that, the rest is easier to come by and if ever needed can be used as "cash".

lilguy
March 21, 2013, 11:31 PM
I live in Illinois and I am hoping to just hang on to what I have already. No more guns for awhile. From an ammo stand point, when 308 goes back down under 600 bucks a thousand for quality I'm in.

FiremanJim
March 21, 2013, 11:39 PM
I got an SBR upper on back order for a MK18 clone project and after that, just lots and lots of ammo!

TylerS
March 21, 2013, 11:52 PM
For me... at least 5 Colt le6920s and then the next time this happens I will sell all of them but one triple my investment and repeat when it all comes back to earth again. Seriously though, at least 10,000 5.56 and another 5,000 22lr.

Or maybe I'll just keep the ARs and tell my wife I couldn't sell them. ;)

marv
March 22, 2013, 12:24 AM
A good holster for the M10 I bought Monday.

breakingcontact
March 22, 2013, 12:36 AM
So long as we are all ready to pounce and get to buying, then it will never subside.

Grrrrrreat.

redneck383
March 22, 2013, 12:36 AM
Finish my 6.8 AR build. Then either a .45 LC Blackhawk or a Savage in .7mm mag. Then I'm gonna buy ammo for everything and roll in it like it's a million dollars.

Big_John1961
March 22, 2013, 01:07 AM
I'm trying to locate a Glock 19 or S&W M&P 9mm, but no joy on either right now. I don't have any rifles, so I'd like to buy one of those at some point.

Ignition Override
March 22, 2013, 01:27 AM
breakingcontact: Quite true.

However, for people with rifles in six specific "calibers" or handguns in three or so other "flavors", Ammoman would have been cleaned out
by Sunday night, if price were not an issue.
Other than .308, the rest were still listed tonight.

Many of us can wait for several months or more, and will if needed. But by mid-June heat and humidity, hearing protectors smother most of the fun anyway.

PabloJ
March 22, 2013, 02:40 AM
When the craziness subsides that is. I was planning on making an educated purchase, and purchasing the best AR 10 I could get for my money, before I was so brashly interrupted, by the entire mass panic buys, and crazy demand that helped make the outlandish prices from some retailers and individuals :what: So maybe if the buying spree will die down I'll go back to trying to find a .308 semi of a sort, and a "retro" AR-15, if possible. Also I'm beginning to make a dent in my 22lr stash and feel like I could stand to replenish it in the coming months. I was curious as to what you other highroaders were interested in purchasing when/if things level out back to the norm. Pmags may be a precious commodity for a bit longer than I thought, still I'm not going to purchase any for the going rate. I hope they can get their tooling up and running in a timely manner, stateside, and get fresh mags in the market, for the right price.
Absolutely nothing. My goal is to have just one firearm and I'm almost there. Life is grand.

JShirley
March 22, 2013, 08:05 AM
Akpert,

What kind of peace do you want to buy? Social, inner, world? We have to know to make suggestions for you.

John

musicman10_1
March 22, 2013, 12:48 PM
I am going to buy some larger quantities of powder like Varget since it can be used for most of the rifle cartridges that I load for. I'm also going to buy .22lr and .12 gauge on a regular basis until I accumulate a decent supply.

I have not been hurt too badly by the latest panic as I have been building a supply of what I need over the last few years but I was surprised by the run on .22lr ammo and see that my purchasing was not sufficient for my level of comfort. I'll fix these issues and also get serious about my food and water supply.

joecil
March 22, 2013, 12:55 PM
For me mostly reloading components for 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt and 45-70. Now I load 12 ga however it is black powder only using Magtech brass shells. I'll be looking to start loading modern 12 ga so perhaps a press for that in the next year. Other than that I have every thing I wanted and got rid of the rest.

22-rimfire
March 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
I want to get a 3" S&W M63 for a fair price.

pharmer
March 22, 2013, 07:34 PM
I don't plan to buy a thing. I went to a show last Sat not planning to buy anything. Next thing I know, half my money was gone and this was in a black plastic bag on the passenger seat. Joe
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/1pharmer/29-2031613two_zpsd4050394.jpg

larryh1108
March 22, 2013, 07:42 PM
Next thing I know, half my money was gone

Either you stole it or you went with enough to require an armed guard!

Omaha-BeenGlockin
March 22, 2013, 08:02 PM
Colt 6920 & a couple 9mms

KLL
March 22, 2013, 10:13 PM
Sig 229, likely either an Extreme or M11-A1.

Sauer Grapes
March 22, 2013, 10:40 PM
Pharmer! :cool:!

The only thing I'm buying is a conversion barrel and 9mm mags for one of my M&Ps.

Oh one other thing:
22 LR booolits, and lots of them!:cuss:

Pacsd
March 22, 2013, 10:48 PM
Savage super mag!!!!

guitarguy314
March 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
Ammo and (as a graduation present to myself) a S&W 29-2. Not sure on Barrel length yet, 6 and one half or 8 and three eights inch barrel.Two more months...

H.m.B
March 22, 2013, 11:30 PM
I think I'm finally in the market for a safe.

Cryogaijin
March 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
I will get a tiny IWB concealed gun soonish, in .380 or 9mm. I'm currently leaning towards a sccy cpx2 but until I actually put my hands on it, I'm keeping my mind open. (I'm currently making the rounds and fondling everything that fits that description that I can find.)

Aside from that, I'm pondering an RFB if I could ever find one, a Garand, and possibly an m1a.

I too may jump on the "Brick a month" bandwagon for .22lr.

Other than that, I am likely to inherit a HUGE Ft Knox safe in the very near future, so I've stopped looking at gunsafes.

ol' scratch
March 23, 2013, 09:00 PM
I just went to a local retailer and happened to find a person putting gun powder out. I picked up 3 pounds of 4064. It was $5 more per pound than I paid for 4895 last year, but I got my supply for the year. I still have a bunch in the basement that I already have rolled up, but I got a NM M1 that I want to work up a load for and the FAL is getting hungry too.

biohazurd
March 23, 2013, 09:31 PM
Well im planning on getting a glock 17 after the prices go down. I want a gen 3 as it fits my hand just fine so no need for a gen 4. Before the madness i could get gen 3s for around 500 and gen 4s for 550-560. Im not gonna pay upwards of 650 for a gen 3 glock 17. I already own 3, 33 round mags and 2 17round mags that i had bought for my g26. So im pretty well covered as far as that goes. I also plan on building another ar lower and buying or building an upper to go with it. I have around 50 30 round mags 10-12 20 rounders and a few 10 rounders so i am definetly covered in that respect. They can restrict my mag capacity all they want. I got enough mags for these guns to last me a lifetime. I could leave the state but i refused to be pushed out by ignorant sheep who have know f-ing clue what they are talking about.

Oh yeah and plenty of ammo as ive been bare as hell for around a month now. I have carry ammo for my carry guns and ammo for my hd guns but i cant even go to the range with anything except my .22 because thats all i got to practice with.

Rawss
March 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
AK 47 something...if its less than $700 again...

Rexster
March 23, 2013, 10:16 PM
Previous AWB and mag/ammo-ban scares taught me to prepare well in advance, so there is nothing major I need, except to replenish ammo as it becomes available at fair prices. I even sold two LNIB P-Mags to a co-worker, at the pre-scare price, figuring I had enough, and I do not own dozens of them.

I would like to eventually acquire a few more 20-round Mini-14 mags, but what I have is adequate. I actually prefer the rare ten-round Ruger factory Mini-14 mags, for their handier dimensions.

The only autoloading "assault" weapons that really interest me, for future purchase, are an M1A/M-14 or M1 Garand, and it would be nice have a spare Glock 17 or two.

fanchisimo
March 23, 2013, 10:47 PM
This is my first crisis since getting into shooting and guns, so I have been slowly aquiring reloading supplies (press, dies, etc) and once the prices of powder and such come down I'm going to start stocking up. A Ruger SR9c is on the radar for a CCW pistol, too.

1 old 0311-1
March 23, 2013, 10:53 PM
Actually, because of ammo cost, I bought a Taurus .22 2" model 94 UltraLite today. A S&W is my daily carry but ammo cost, IF you can find it is making shooting it cost prohibitive.
Banning guns wasn't necessary. Expensive, hard to find ammo had the same result.

If you enjoyed reading about "What purchases do you plan to make ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!