Beretta or Batman

PDA

thumbtack
February 3, 2003, 01:22 AM
Is it just me or does Beretta's new line of firearms look like they were created for Batman.

Example: Neos
CX4

I like the way the Neos and the 9000 feel, they just look like they could be props from the latest Batman movie.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta or Batman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
February 3, 2003, 01:23 AM
They were designed by this guy that makes butt holsters for cars, I think.

At least you'll get a good cheek weld! I like the way they look, too, actually, but can't stand the ergonomics on the 9000.

While not a Guilgiligooloogaro design, the Nova makes a nice match, too.

Kahr carrier
February 3, 2003, 07:00 AM
I like the Neo ,but it doesnt fit my hand.:(

Tamara
February 3, 2003, 07:32 AM
Giugiario is actually a rather well-known automobile designer, although I think he hit his high point with cars in the early '80s with the Ace Of Clubs (which became the original Isuzu Piazza/Impulse, based on GM's T-body [read: Chevette] platform).

TarpleyG
February 3, 2003, 08:45 AM
I don't think Batman uses a gun :neener:

9mmepiphany
February 3, 2003, 03:30 PM
giugiario was an outstanding designer...very cutting edge and yet pratical and user friendly.

my favorite was his design of the nikon F4 body...or was that the F5?

Skunkabilly
February 3, 2003, 03:31 PM
Tamara,

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought he designed car seats....:o

Justin
February 3, 2003, 03:41 PM
I don't think Batman uses a gun Nope. Batman doesn't use guns. He and The Punisher got into something of a rowe over this in a coupla crossover comic books a few years back.

As for the new Beretta stuff.
I really dig the look of it. Very swoopy looking.

MrAcheson
February 3, 2003, 04:12 PM
Batman occasionally uses guns. He did in Frank Miller's Year One. He also does in some old comics where he needs to shoot werewolves/vampires with silver bullets, etc. Batman doesn't believe in killing so he doesn't like to use guns. Of course he seems to be a very good shot with one whenever he does have to pick one up. :)

10-Ring
February 3, 2003, 04:42 PM
I kinda like the lines on their new guns...Neo & 9000 but even tho I've become a poly-fan, I just can't get over the "cheap" feel of their new poly guns. Maybe if they used a diff't formula :scrutiny:

Skunkabilly
February 3, 2003, 06:01 PM
Neo & 9000 but even tho I've become a poly-fan, I just can't get over the "cheap" feel of their new poly guns. Maybe if they used a diff't formula

Maybe if they used 'space age technopolymer' instead of just 'polymer'? :D

10-Ring
February 3, 2003, 06:17 PM
Just as long as they're not buying their polymer from Taurus.

Blain
February 3, 2003, 08:38 PM
Can I see a pic of this batman gun?

Will Fennell
February 3, 2003, 08:46 PM
http://www.berettausa.com/feature_products/images/cx4storm2.gif

:D

thumbtack
February 3, 2003, 09:47 PM
Here is a picture of the Neos.

http://www.laguns.com/images/pistol094.jpg

Here is a picture of the 9000.

http://www.berettadefence.com/images/fondello_chiuso_ing_mini.jpg

Strings
February 4, 2003, 04:55 PM
... Beretta doesn't design for Batman. Unfortunately, Batman (in the one panel I've seen of him holding a gun) seems to be a Smith fan...:what: :neener:

spacemanspiff
February 4, 2003, 05:04 PM
i sure am glad i never got into those wussy DC comic books. Marvel had much better things to offer.

Punisher
Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD
Cable
and best of all Wolverine!

not like those sissy guys from the OTHER comic books:
aqua man
super man
wonder woman
green lantern
boy wonder

Strings
February 4, 2003, 05:26 PM
DC usually had better plots (IMNSHO). You are right for the most part though: Marvel had better characters (overall)...

Of course, DC has one of the coolest, and he IS based in Gothm (or what's left of it: haven't read anything new in years): HITMAN!!! A true gunny hero (or antihero, as the case may be)... :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta or Batman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!