Military surplus ammo

PDA

DSling
March 21, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm reading through HR 1540 Title III Subtitle G Sec 361

(c) Preference- No small arms ammunition or small arms ammunition components in excess of military requirements, or fired small arms cartridge cases may be made available for commercial sale under this section before such ammunition and ammunition components are offered for transfer or purchase, as authorized by law, to another Federal department or agency or for sale to State and local law enforcement, firefighting, homeland security, and emergency management agencies pursuant to section 2576 of title 10, United States Code, as amended by this Act.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr1540/text

does that mean that it will never reach us because it goes through everybody else?

If you enjoyed reading about "Military surplus ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
March 21, 2013, 09:23 PM
Sounds like it. I would hope the reasoning behind this is that even government is having a hard time getting ammo (yes I know they're buying like crazy) but the local PD's and such around here can't get ammo either. My suggestion was that it gives them an excuse to run whatever they want since they're "out of rounds" on their standard duty. I'm thinking Saiga 12 bullpup with 10 round stick mags is a nice carry piece. :)

Regardless of intention this could lead to so many infringements it can't be allowed to pass.

Queen_of_Thunder
March 21, 2013, 09:24 PM
That means my 840 round can of 5.56 green tip in bandoleers have tripled in value

alsaqr
March 21, 2013, 09:32 PM
does that mean that it will never reach us because it goes through everybody else?

Very little live small arms ammunition is ever disposed of as surplus. Live military small arms ammunition is de-militarized and the components disposed of. Except for companies and individual shooters who reload ammunition, few people want cartridge cases.

If you enjoyed reading about "Military surplus ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!