Ruger style spring plunger for a colt walker

PDA

kituwa
March 21, 2013, 11:46 PM
After reading a post here about drilling the frame on colt revolvers and adding a spring and plunger like rugers use i decided to try it on my ASM walker.Turns out there is not room for the hole the same way on a walker as on a 1860 or 1851, but after measuring and scoping things out i saw that just drilling right through the hole where the grip screw goes is exactly in the right place on my walker.You only have to drill a short distance as there is not much metal before it comes out in the hand channel. Use a bit just smaller so you dont ruin the threads.I used a piece of welding rod that was just small enough to fit in for the plunger and rounded the end. If you dont have a lathe it works fine to chuck up a piece of rod in a drill chuck and hold a file to it to round the end and make the other end smaller to fit inside your spring.I also had to shorten that grip screw a little to make room for the spring and plunger.Works great now!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger style spring plunger for a colt walker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHP FAN
March 22, 2013, 01:52 AM
That will probably outlast you. Good job!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger style spring plunger for a colt walker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!