Aftermarket Glock slides

PDA

rbernie
March 22, 2013, 08:13 AM
Are any of the aftermarket slides heavier or lighter than their stock counterparts (long slide conversions aside)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Aftermarket Glock slides" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
johnmcl
March 22, 2013, 10:16 AM
Rbernie,

I'm interested in what comes of this discussion. I see this $200 Wolf slides for Glock 34s, and other than cosmetic improvements I am very unsure what one gets for the money.

Teachu2
March 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
It allows you to convert other models. Want a 34 but prefer a 19 frame? Have a 17L but need to make it fit in the box for competition? Want a freaky 26? $200 and go for it!

9mmepiphany
March 22, 2013, 03:43 PM
IIRC the big selling point when they were first offered was that they were softer than the factory slide and it was easier to machine them to bury/blend adjustable sights

rbernie
March 26, 2013, 04:30 PM
I emailed Lone Wolf and asked them.

Me:
Are your LWD Glock slides equal in weight or lighter/heavier than their stock counterparts? I'm specifically looking at replacement slides for my Model 22/31 and Model 20 Glocks.
Lone Wolf:
They are very close in weight, our slides on average are about 1 gram lighter

Justin Hansel
Retail & Web Sales

C0untZer0
March 26, 2013, 05:00 PM
I got the 9" LWD barrel for my 17L and I don't like the way the barrel grinds the finish off the inside of my slide.

I almost want to get a LWD slide so I don't have to worry about my Glock slide getting worn down...

If you enjoyed reading about "Aftermarket Glock slides" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!