Magpul has allocated about 1 Million Magazines for The Boulder Airlift

PDA

Justin
March 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
According to a Facebook status update, Magpul has allocated around 1,000,000 magazines for the Boulder Air Lift.

That works out to almost 1 magazine for every five people in the state.

That's quite impressive.

Wish they'd release more numbers behind this. I bet the statistics are quite staggering.

If you enjoyed reading about "Magpul has allocated about 1 Million Magazines for The Boulder Airlift" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarosean
March 22, 2013, 09:01 AM
What's the boulder airlift?

Anmut
March 22, 2013, 09:03 AM
They are going to flood CO with pmags before the ban is in effect. For the CO'ians that stock up this should help them keep as many grandfathered pmags in their possesion as possible. It will be a nice Up Yours to CO lawmakers as they move operations and jobs out of the state.

Justin
March 22, 2013, 09:08 AM

Magpul is giving Colorado residents priority in purchasing Pmags.

http://magpul.com/colorado

tarosean
March 22, 2013, 09:11 AM
Well played

Arbo
March 22, 2013, 09:11 AM
Yep, everyone I know signed up. I got mine. Limit is a total of 15 pmags.

thunder173
March 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
Great work Magpul. We need to all support them in there efforts as they move forward.

CoRoMo
March 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
Limit is a total of 15 pmags.
That's if you order .223/5.56 mags only. We initially were able to order 10 20LRs in addition to the 15 .223 mags for a total of 25.

Magpul also is allowing multiple shooters under the same roof (wife,kids) to order mags through this program even though the billing/shipping address is the same. So a single Colorado household can end up with hundreds of mags from this program.

M2 Carbine
March 22, 2013, 10:07 AM
Good for Magpul.

tyeo098
March 22, 2013, 10:12 AM
Ha. I get it. Like the Berlin Airlift.

Getting supplies to those behind enemy lines :)

Jitterbug
March 22, 2013, 10:14 AM
I need to find 4-20 round 5.56 mags, preferably Magpul, I emailed them but no response, which is ok, I know they're busy.

I am signed up and approved but from what I see they only had 30 round 5.56 mags.

Anyone have any ideas?

vtail
March 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'm not eligible for this, but was looking at the rules anyway.

Saw this:

NOTE: WE CANNOT SHIP MAGAZINES TO ADDRESSES WITHIN DENVER DUE TO THE EXISTING CITY BAN.

When did this go into effect??

bannockburn
March 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
Well done Magpul! Kudos to whoever thought up this special deal.

Jitterbug
March 22, 2013, 10:29 AM
Denver's had a mag ban in effect for quite some time now. Vail also IIRC.

One reason I use the 20's, especially if I shoot at Cherry Creek and have to go through Denver, which isn't often, I try my best to avoid it and have for many years due to the "politics and high crime rate".

CoRoMo
March 22, 2013, 10:41 AM
They are not offering 20rd 5.56 Pmags through this program.

What you need to look for is their effort to open up some temporary retail locations around the state. Magpul stated that they are going to try and put together some direct sales locations to operate right up to July 1st. I'm picturing something like the fireworks stands that you see along the highway. :D

That's where you'll want to load up on 20rd mags!

Jitterbug
March 22, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks CoRoMo

MachIVshooter
March 22, 2013, 11:23 AM
NOTE: WE CANNOT SHIP MAGAZINES TO ADDRESSES WITHIN DENVER DUE TO THE EXISTING CITY BAN.

When did this go into effect??

Many years ago.

Dr.Rob
March 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
One reason I use the 20's, especially if I shoot at Cherry Creek and have to go through Denver, which isn't often, I try my best to avoid it and have for many years due to the "politics and high crime rate".

You have been allowed to drive through Denver with any and all your gear for a LONG time. if you have Denver residency there might be some question. Sign up and get some 30's while the getting is good.

Dr.Rob
March 22, 2013, 11:47 AM
Magpul also is allowing multiple shooters under the same roof (wife,kids) to order mags through this program even though the billing/shipping address is the same. So a single Colorado household can end up with hundreds of mags from this program.

We stopped at 20. Unless I can find an AR-10 for the right price I think I am done buying AR mags.

Ryanxia
March 22, 2013, 12:55 PM
It's just too bad they're giving the taxes on them to CO. If they moved then they could sell them online to CO residents and since they're not based in CO they wouldn't have to charge sales tax.

Arbo
March 22, 2013, 01:05 PM
It appears others are 'getting in' on selling pmags to CO residents...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/MAGPUL_M3_BLACK_PMAG_30rd_AR15_M16_NON_WINDOW_COLO_p/mag-557-black-colorado.htm

klausman
March 22, 2013, 01:28 PM
Great Job Magpul. I really hope they can keep their employees. This is not their fault.
Even though I don't have an AR, I ordered 1 mag, just to show support.

horsemen61
March 22, 2013, 01:29 PM
take that Colorado :neener:

r1derbike
March 22, 2013, 01:35 PM
I thought I had 13 magpul mags, but I found some hiding in the dark back areas of my ammo safes, I have 17 magpul mags.

Fantastic play of your card hand. Absolutely brilliant! Magpul has my vote for business of the year. I hope American Rifleman and other industry rags do a special on him and his business. This kind of dedication to his customers deserves recognition, nationally.

Why do I have 17 mags? I HATE to reload at the range(s), and when plinking. I love my long gun so much, I don't realize how much paper I've punched, when the mags get low. It's surprisingly easy to do, when trying to play a tune on steel targets too.

herkyguy
March 22, 2013, 01:44 PM
Patriots! Every one of them.

r1derbike
March 22, 2013, 01:49 PM
They are not offering 20rd 5.56 Pmags through this program. I'm picturing something like the fireworks stands that you see along the highway. :D

That's where you'll want to load up on 20rd mags!Hah-hah! Fireworks Stands, I like that!

breakingcontact
March 22, 2013, 02:37 PM
Any word on where Magpul is relocating?

leprechaun50
March 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
I wrote a thank you on Magpul's facebook page even though I live in Minnesota. I think that we should show support for those that are supporting us.

CoRoMo
March 22, 2013, 02:53 PM
When Magpul reads the following on gun forums or on their facebook page, you know that they feel the support of liberty loving Americans...
I will gladly wait longer for the mags I have on backorder, if it means you guys take a huge, public dump of PMAGS in CO before leaving!
I even started wondering if Magpul won't start throwing in an extra mag on every order from those of us partaking of the Boulder Airlift. :neener: Wishful thinking?

gym
March 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
Like we used to say in my day, outa sight, dynamite. Lets see how fast the supply depletes now.

mrvco
March 22, 2013, 03:06 PM
I've received 5 so far and have 5 more on the way.

I'd like to get some 20-rounders, but I guess the emphasis is on 30-rounders.

Jamie B
March 22, 2013, 03:19 PM
That is an awesome final hurrah!

jdooner
March 22, 2013, 03:48 PM
Hell yeah!!

HorseSoldier
March 22, 2013, 04:04 PM
It's just too bad they're giving the taxes on them to CO. If they moved then they could sell them online to CO residents and since they're not based in CO they wouldn't have to charge sales tax.

Magpul posting record profits the same year they pack up and tell the government of Colorado to do something anatomically impossible to itself will just serve to make it sting a little more.

Anybody running against current elected officials in a recall or otherwise election in Colorado, should be sure and harp on the lost jobs and whatever revenue figures Magpul posts for the year.

CoRoMo
March 22, 2013, 04:09 PM
I await the campaign commercials in 2014... dollar signs and cumulative tax payments from Magpul and the other companies who were forced to leave to the state of Colorado... all lost, all gone, all ignored and given to the next state.

Then show how the Colorado state government is neglecting its commitments to its residents because of budget shortfalls.

Tell the voters to put 2 & 2 together.

Shanghai McCoy
March 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
I await the campaign commercials in 2014... dollar signs and cumulative tax payments from Magpul and the other companies who were forced to leave to the state of Colorado... all lost, all gone, all ignored and given to the next state.

Then show how the Colorado state government is neglecting its commitments to its residents because of budget shortfalls.

Tell the voters to put 2 & 2 together.
Unfortunatly, the public school educated voters won't be able to do the math anyway...:rolleyes:

1911Tuner
March 22, 2013, 04:41 PM
Outstanding! Gotta love a little civil disobedience every now and then.

Mayvik
March 22, 2013, 04:54 PM
Bought my 15..

Wish they would have allowed that 15 to be of any single type though. Now I'm hoping to find someone who "needs" the Gen 3 mags and purchased Gen2s of either variety for trade fodder as well. Assume there have to be some poor folks out there with the newer rifles but had the foresight to figure they could trade off their basic mags to others with run of the mill ARs!

Kiln
March 22, 2013, 05:08 PM
Magpul has won a new customer here. I'll definitely take a second look at their mags next time I'm buying hi caps.

biohazurd
March 22, 2013, 05:37 PM
Good for them! Company of the year!

clutch
March 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
Great idea but are they date stamping them so you can prove the mags are preban?

SharpsDressedMan
March 22, 2013, 05:52 PM
I guess I'll check with my buddies in Craig and Steamboat to see if they can use any AR, AK, or other mags, and "airlift" some that Magpul doesn't offer. Other THR member should contact their friends in CO, and do the same, just to flood even MORE mags in, since most of us can still replenish.

Larry Ashcraft
March 22, 2013, 06:06 PM
Great idea but are they date stamping them so you can prove the mags are preban?
We don't have to prove anything. If you're charged with having illegal mags, proof is up to the prosecution.

The ban is pretty much unenforceable, and most of the county sheriffs aren't going to enforce it anyway.

Arbo
March 22, 2013, 06:17 PM
We don't have to prove anything. If you're charged with having illegal mags, proof is up to the prosecution.

The ban is pretty much unenforceable, and most of the county sheriffs aren't going to enforce it anyway.
And when they confiscate them, they will see the date stamp.

Kramer Krazy
March 22, 2013, 07:24 PM
I bought ten of their mags back in early Jan and when they stated a month or so ago that they were going to relocate if the law was passed, I backordered another 10 mags and posted on their FB page that I was doing it to help fund their move. I may order some of their stocks, too....just to give them more relocating money.

Funny thing is, I actually prefer the old-style aluminum and metal mags. :eek:

Texan Scott
March 22, 2013, 07:33 PM
This post needs an OVER RECOMMENDED PRESSURE LOAD advisory...

Because this might be a little too much AWESOME for one post. I bet there are some VERY unhappy progressives in CO right now. [schadenfreude]

MachIVshooter
March 22, 2013, 07:44 PM

If I were Magpul, I'd tell the state to eat me on taxes.

KTXdm9
March 22, 2013, 08:08 PM
I'm on the magpul sight now looking for something to buy to show my support.

Buck Kramer
March 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
Great work Magpul!

Grassman
March 22, 2013, 11:15 PM
If I were Magpul, I'd tell the state to eat me on taxes.
Can't do that, you have to be beyond reproach these days, they would like nothing more than to bring Magpul down on tax evasion.

clutch
March 23, 2013, 03:35 AM

And when you are in court with your lawyer and that prosecutor and the prosecutor can't come up with proof, how much money and time to you have wrapped up in the legal system at that point?

A knife fight is usually a series of cuts that bleeds the looser out. The government has a lot of blood.

tootall
March 23, 2013, 09:19 AM
I have a good friend in Aurora and if he needs any of my 'old' Pmags, I have his back..

I did send him the info, thanks OP...

Trent
March 23, 2013, 10:04 AM
Does the Colorado ban include shipping "magazine repair parts kits" to people in the state? Heck I'd donate some of my old used GI mags just to flip the Colorado government the bird.

Matno
March 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
Too bad the Colorado airlift only has black mags for sale. I'd prefer tan...

shinyroks
March 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
The ban affects all hi-cap parts and "magazines capable of accepting an extension" so you have until July first, or the repeal, whichever comes first.

shinyroks
March 23, 2013, 12:24 PM
The idea is to provide magazines at breakneck speed, and they can only cast one color of magazine at a time. Producing 1M magazines doesn't happen overnight...

Walkalong
March 23, 2013, 01:39 PM
I would like a few more Magpuls, but I am willing to wait as long as it takes. I hope every man, woman, and child in CO gets mags.

Too bad the Colorado airlift only has black mags for sale. I'd prefer tan...Seriously? Buy some Cerakote or something similar.

MutinousDoug
March 23, 2013, 02:07 PM
I have no use for a 30 rnd AR15 magazine and would have bought the maximum allowable in 20s. I just bought one 30 through the program. I'll probably never open it.
I just bought it to say: "Up yours Mr. Lickinpooper, Your Honor."

splithoof
March 24, 2013, 01:24 AM
^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh yes, it does indeed feel good sometimes to be a patriotic gun owner!
I would contribute both $$ and labor to mail one P-Mag to every single address possible in that state.

gyp_c2
March 24, 2013, 05:21 AM
...There may indeed be no use for a standard capacity magazine for some, and that's the way we hope it'll always be, the point however, is you should be able to choose...not someone that isn't even able to pass a background check, telling you what you can or can't be allowed to purchase...

Archer
March 24, 2013, 12:19 PM
PMags are date stamped, to address a point mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have no need for a 30 round mag. Until I need one. That's why I have many.

Applause for Magpul.

Kramer Krazy
March 24, 2013, 02:02 PM
I have no use for a 30 rnd AR15 magazine and would have bought the maximum allowable in 20s. I just bought one 30 through the program. I'll probably never open it.
I have mags from 1993/94 that I have never used and recently had ten 30-round PMAGS arrive at my door and backordered ten more. I generally use the same four 30-rounders when shooting and typically only load ten at a time. Using them in ten-round increments helps me avoid the "shooting to just be shooting" syndrome of blowing through ammo, but......I like knowing I have the 30-round capacity in case I "need" it.....or just want to do a 30-round, rapid-round of shooting at a tree to watch bark fly. :evil:

clutch
March 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thank you Archer for the date stamp info. Since there is going to be regional bans vs a nation wide ban, the date matters.

k_dawg
March 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
I suspect they are can crank out the black 30 rounders the fastest.

Black Butte
March 25, 2013, 02:03 AM

Be happy that you're getting any at all. There are many who are giving up their place in line for you.

MutinousDoug
March 26, 2013, 04:47 PM
Archer

PMags are date stamped, to address a point mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have no need for a 30 round mag. Until I need one. That's why I have many.

Applause for Magpul.

I just got a package from Fedex with my 30 rnd Pmag. Since I don't want to open it "until I need one", I'm sorta looking through the plastic package and see below the magazine catch, a circle with the numbers 1-12 on it with an arrow pointing to the "3" straddling the arrow is the number 13. I gather that's the date stamp? 3/13

Doug

CoRoMo
March 26, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yes. That is it.

Here is an example of a Pmag made September 2007...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd2/103m95g/DSCN1363.jpg

MutinousDoug
March 26, 2013, 09:24 PM
CoMoCo,

Yes; that's what I was looking at.

Thx,

Doug

justice06rr
March 26, 2013, 09:27 PM
This is why I support Magpul and buy their products. Very good business practice IMO.

I guess i should buy more Pmags now although I have plenty just to show my support.

Chris-bob
March 27, 2013, 02:54 AM
This is what ticks me off about Magpul. I've been waiting over a month for my mags, and now will probably have to wait even longer because they'll send mine to someone in CO before me.

OilyPablo
March 27, 2013, 06:19 AM
I've been waiting for my OD Mags since Dec 17!

horseman1
March 27, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hi,

My first message on the forum. Thanks for the heads up about this. I support Magpul leaving my state and this idea is really great (and funny) :). I ordered 3 today, that is all I'll need to add to what I have already. I want to make sure there is enough for all my bro's out there and for the kind folks who have them on backorder in other states already. Thanks for taking the hit for us so we can get them before the political hacks make them completely disappear in July.

19-3Ben
March 27, 2013, 03:43 PM
This is what ticks me off about Magpul. I've been waiting over a month for my mags, and now will probably have to wait even longer because they'll send mine to someone in CO before me.

You'll more likely have an opportunity to buy them later than folks in Colorado.

Strange Bob
March 27, 2013, 04:03 PM
Unless the Progressives get their way on the Fed level.

Resto Guy
March 27, 2013, 09:03 PM
I will be ordering a shirt. Too bad they don't carry any gun accessories I can use.

Black Butte
March 28, 2013, 12:11 AM

I've been waiting for two and a half months.

Trent
March 28, 2013, 06:58 AM
Hi,

My first message on the forum. Thanks for the heads up about this. I support Magpul leaving my state and this idea is really great (and funny) :). I ordered 3 today, that is all I'll need to add to what I have already. I want to make sure there is enough for all my bro's out there and for the kind folks who have them on backorder in other states already. Thanks for taking the hit for us so we can get them before the political hacks make them completely disappear in July.

Welcome to THR.

Hope things change for the better, and fast, in your neck of the woods.

Stack 'em high and keep 'em dry. :)

Trent
March 28, 2013, 06:59 AM
PS - if this is indeed an "airlift operation" .. I hope P-Mag posts lots, and lots, of pictures of crates and pallets of PMags being delivered.

And.. Anyone want to go in on a group buy to have a case delivered to the Governor's mansion?

Chris-bob
March 30, 2013, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-bob

I've been waiting for two and a half months.
Yup, that sucks more. Noone should have to wait that long.

jim243
March 30, 2013, 03:04 AM
This is what ticks me off about Magpul.

This is what ticks me off about these posts.

A. Did you just buy your first AR a month ago??

B. Is your crystal ball broken or did you not purchase mags when you bought your gun?

C. Are your thumbs in shape to load those 30 round mags, or do you plan to go out and get a loader, or that's right you don't plan.

D. Have you purchased anything else that Magpol makes, or are the mags the first thing you are buying to support a company and their employees, that you could care less about.

E. If you live on a border state and need those 30 round mags to protect your home and family from the Mexican Drug Lords, I'm sorry the evening news must have missed putting your plight on the 10:00 O'clock report. (or I missed it).

F. And finally, are you purchasing these mags for your own use, or just to sell at a Gun Show and are ticked because you can't scaple your fellow shooters (or Gunbroker.com)

Jim

Dr.Rob
March 30, 2013, 04:04 AM

No I've had mine a few years now.

B. Is your crystal ball broken or did you not purchase mags when you bought your gun?

of course we bought mags, before the state house and senate ran over our constitution with a bulldozer--was 10 enough? For a LIFETIME?

C. Are your thumbs in shape to load those 30 round mags, or do you plan to go out and get a loader, or that's right you don't plan.

Pmags area LOT easier on the fingers than USGI mags.. you don't need a loader. And yes, I have one.

D. Have you purchased anything else that Magpol makes, or are the mags the first thing you are buying to support a company and their employees, that you could care less about.

Magpul mostly makes mags, the other stuff.. stocks, hanguards, mounts came later. And yes I have other stuff they made and I was HAPPY to buy their products as they were made here in Colorado by VERY progun people.

E. If you live on a border state and need those 30 round mags to protect your home and family from the Mexican Drug Lords, I'm sorry the evening news must have missed putting your plight on the 10:00 O'clock report. (or I missed it).

No I shoot in competitions and magazines BREAK. Since CO insisted that we cannot sell transfer or barter these mags EVER these are the last we might be able to buy EVER. If you want to get a new shooter "SET UP" for a career in 3 gun you must do it before July 1st if you plan on following the letter of the law.

F. And finally, are you purchasing these mags for your own use, or just to sell at a Gun Show and are ticked because you can't scaple your fellow shooters (or Gunbroker.com)

Yes I plan on using them (see above) and NO we can't sell them without breaking the law after July 1st, unless we physically drive out of state to do so. Which I am NOT planning on.

Trunk Monkey
March 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'm curious, does Magpul have the manufacturing capacity to do 1 million magazines before July 1

KevininPa
April 1, 2013, 08:54 AM
Unless the Progressives get their way on the Fed level.
I hate the term "Progressives". Limiting others is not progressive thinking. Socialists limit people and power grab. It's time we start calling them what they are. After all, the USSR was a "socialist" state.

HOOfan_1
April 1, 2013, 09:03 AM
I've been waiting for my OD Mags since Dec 17!

I ordered Black Pmags from Brownells on December 28...not a big deal. If they had charged me....then it would have been.

Oh yeah and I already have 5 30 round Pmags and 2 20 round Pmags.

I also have a Magpul MOE grip, a Magpul ACS Stock and Magpul MIAD Enhanced trigger guard.

Beentown
April 1, 2013, 10:21 AM
This is what ticks me off about these posts.

Jim

Yeah, it is not like they aren't busy on all fronts....

If you enjoyed reading about "Magpul has allocated about 1 Million Magazines for The Boulder Airlift" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!