Minature Mosin?

PDA

.22-5-40
March 23, 2013, 02:06 AM
Hello, I have seen Pre WW1 photo's of the young Russian prince Alexi holding his minature Mosin Nagant rifle. I can't seem to find any information on this..probably a "Tool-Room" custom build. Wonder what caliber .22 rimfire? Any info would be appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "Minature Mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ridgerunner1965
March 24, 2013, 07:08 PM
unless i miss my guess. lots of wealthy euro familys had guns hand built for their kids.these were not mass produced.a good machinest/gunsmith can make a smaller copy of anything.and some of the old school gunsmiths were capable of making anything out of anything.they also had the incentive of MAKE THIS OR WE KILL YOU! in russia particularily.

frankenstein406
March 24, 2013, 07:17 PM
was it a romanian trainer? i thought there was a 22 training rifle they made

ridgerunner1965
March 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
in certain euro countries, the highest honor a son could bestowe on his family would be to go into miliatary service and serve well.russia and germany come to mind.the boys were trained from birth in milatary familys to be good soldiers.

a rifle yu speak of was prob comissioned when the boy was 5 yrs old.by the time it was built he was ready to shoot it.say 8 to 10 yrs old.yeah things took a lot longer back then.by 12 he was a expert marksman.when he went into milatary service he would stand out.it was just what they did back then. even today we teach our children to shoot well but not for the same reasons.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minature Mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!