quickload software

PDA

kyhunter
March 23, 2013, 04:46 AM
does anyone have this and how does it work? I have 2 loads i wanna check but i dont feel like that justifies buying it. Is it really all that jazz its supposed to be?

If you enjoyed reading about "quickload software" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
March 23, 2013, 05:09 AM
I don't own it but from everything I hear it has it's good points and bad. Since I don't develop off the wall cartridges or wildcats I don't feel the need to spend $150+ on the software, especially since it has it's flaws.

That is just my opinion and an opinion without the software. I'm sure someone will be along soon who has the software so they are more informed than I am.

kyhunter
March 23, 2013, 05:18 AM
Thats kind of what I was thinking as well. 150 is alot for someone who reloads .30-06, 9, .357, and .45. I dont really know what it consists of I just keep hearing it brought up. Disregard this thread.

steve4102
March 23, 2013, 09:48 AM
I have 2 loads i wanna check

What do you want "checked out"?

Will need.
Cartridge
Bullet, brand, weight, type
Powders
Barrel Length
Fired case capacity in grains of H20 (optional)
COAL/OAL

Peter M. Eick
March 23, 2013, 12:41 PM
It depends. Do you load mostly straight cased pistol or rifle? If straight cased pistol it is more of a rough guide. If you load rifle on the other hand it can be uncannily accurate in its predictions one calibrated.

I have it and use it a lot. Nothing like it for cross checking old data or just seeing what folks are up to. It is particularly fun to plug in new load data from manuals and see how much the companies have lowered the upper pressure limits again.

rikman
March 23, 2013, 12:45 PM
My friend is an FFL and has this. It seems very cool. I think it was around $150. For his business where he's making thousands of rounds it seems to save a lot of time vs loading and going to range and shooting....I guess it gives you a very close starting point and dos a lot of whiz bang stuff, barrel harmonics etc

HighExpert
March 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
If you are loading according to a legit loading manual, I don't see the need for it. It is kind of fun to use for "what if" but that is about it. I use it as a teaching tool for new reloaders. You can easily show the relationship of velocity to pressure as well as bullet weight and profile. It would also be very useful in these times of not being able to get the best powder for the round as well as finding the most economical powder for the load. I use it, but I am still thinking the $150 was too steep.

brickeyee
March 23, 2013, 04:57 PM
If you are loading according to a legit loading manual...

There are numerous calibers that are absent from the loading manuals.

Quickload can at least give you a starting point.

If you enjoyed reading about "quickload software" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!