same reloadingdata for bst and accubond?

PDA

TheSwede
March 23, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hi

I've great norma powder data for 150grain nosler ballistic tip. I wonder if i dare to switch only bullet to 150grain accubond? Except for the bonding these bullets look very alike and they should bring the same pressure right?

If you enjoyed reading about "same reloadingdata for bst and accubond?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WYOMan
March 23, 2013, 03:01 PM
Not the EXACT same pressure. But to be prudent, I might back off a little and work up again. Jacket thickness and composition, and bearing surface and overall bullet length will change things. I run two different bullets of like weight and profile with the same powder charge, from the same rifle, and a 140 SMK will clock, on average, 70 fps faster than a Hornady SST, in my case. I do, however have a slight difference in seating depth btween the two, as measured from the ogive. So the pressure is not identical.

ngnrd
March 23, 2013, 05:14 PM
Nosler doesn't differentiate between the BT's and the AB's. They list the same load data for both. That being said, if you're anywhere near max, I'd back off just a bit and work back up.

TheSwede
March 26, 2013, 09:05 PM
Huge thank you! this board is Grrrrreat! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "same reloadingdata for bst and accubond?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!