Cz 85 information?

PDA

galena
March 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
Gun Broker auction site currently has a number of CZ 75s and 85s listed, they are apparently older models and pretty well used. I scored an 85 that looked good in the pictures and was listed at a slightly higer price than the others. I wanted one simply because they have interested me for some time, haven't taken delivery yet. The listing dealer says they were imported by CAI. Does anyone know where CAI imported them from? Any information is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz 85 information?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VAPOPO
March 24, 2013, 02:03 AM
I had heard through the grapevine that these are former Czech Police guns. A lot of them have considerable finish wear but are solid reliable guns. Cerrocote and new springs make them look and function like new. The pre B guns can also be altered to accept B model magazines for easier to find mags.

Walt Sherrill
March 24, 2013, 02:34 PM
I've not heard of any Czech police units using older CZ-75s or 85s, but a lot of the older guns had been exported to Africa and the Middle East before dissoluton of the Soviet Bloc. I've not encountered surplus CZ-85s in my web searches over the years; CZ-75s were used by the South African police, the Israeli military and a number of other small police units throughout that part of the world.. I wouldn't be surprised if the 75s came from Israel -- but don't have a clue as to where the 85s might have come from.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz 85 information?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!