First comp match...

PDA

Arbo
March 23, 2013, 05:51 PM
Have been looking for some sort of comp that would be fun. Checked out a local cowboy shoot, but that's just not for me. Today there was an IDPA match, so I headed out, and signed up.

Was given the general rundown of how the matches go, safety brief and all that, and got to jump into it.

Was a blast.

Loads of great guys and loads of advice on many of the things I'm doing wrong when shooting (stuff I long ago forgot from my navy days), was great. I plan on working on a lot of the techniques I was shown and going to another one up the road a bit next weekend with the same group, and hopefully do much better.

Found out a good bit of my problems were based on being right handed and left eye dominate, thus I was moving my head too much... but there were several that stuck around after and showed me techniques.

I did manage to get 4 shots in the 0 on a rocking target, all in about a 1 inch group, which surprised me. ;)

Was great fun.

If you enjoyed reading about "First comp match..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "First comp match..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!