Dillon Deer Blind

PDA

moonzapa
March 24, 2013, 11:17 AM
Just purchased a Dillon 4'x6' fiberglass blind. Haven't gotten the stand for it. I can get a 10' or 15' height stand for it with the stairs and landing. What is the best height, 10' or 15'? I like the idea of the extra height to see more countryside, but it will be tough to stand up.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon Deer Blind" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
a-sheepdog
April 2, 2013, 11:19 AM
I would probably go with 15' but would definitely build in place and not on the ground. I would set it up the way that I wanted and then secure it to the ground very well so that it bucks the wind better. Looks like a really nice stand from looking at their website.

Dr. Sandman
April 2, 2013, 11:26 AM
15' and good luck!

chas08
April 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
That depends on the country you are hunting. Open country or senderos, I'd go for the 15 foot stand. In a heavily wooded area, I'd go with whatever let me see under the canopy and not down through it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon Deer Blind" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!