German made (not U.S.) Walther TPH offered to me. Pass or grab it?

PDA

ApacheCoTodd
March 24, 2013, 11:38 PM
A fella today offered me an unfired German import Walther TPH and reading through postings here I see the American made ones can be at least problematic if not an outright waste.

This is as I said the German one with box, rod and two magazines, aside from the potential finickiness in ammo, what's the general concensus regarding value of these?

I like Walthers, don't fear the "Walther bite" and am not too concerned about the 90 dollar magazines.

Any perspective?

Oh, kinda naming my price but he's a pal and I don't care to hose him on it as far as perceived value is concerned though I don't care to throw money away either.

If you enjoyed reading about "German made (not U.S.) Walther TPH offered to me. Pass or grab it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike OTDP
March 25, 2013, 12:39 AM
Buy. Now. And if you don't want it, I'll offer $800 for it.

usp9
March 25, 2013, 12:59 AM
What caliber? The .22lr will fetch about $1000. If it's a .25acp it is worth more. I've seen them sell for $1800. They are well made guns, very thin, very light. I have stainless in both calibers, and they are reliable.

ApacheCoTodd
March 25, 2013, 02:43 AM
Oops, forgot to say, it's a .22.
Thanks for the input fellas and the enthusiasm for the pistol as well.

bannockburn
March 25, 2013, 07:09 AM
The TPH has always been a little bit too pricey for my tastes but the ones I have seen are very well made and very much in demand. If you can get one (especially in mint condition), for a decent price, I would say go for it. If you don't like it I'm sure you could easily turnaround and get your money back out of it.

huntershooter
March 25, 2013, 07:14 AM
I had a .22 cal. German made TPH years back.
Function was flawless, fit/finish quite good.

5-SHOTS
March 26, 2013, 02:47 PM
Being in .22L.R. cal. I think it could be a ton of fun at the range knowing the incredible accuracy reputation of this little pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "German made (not U.S.) Walther TPH offered to me. Pass or grab it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!