Firing pin removal

PDA

Bo Sa Bum Nim
March 25, 2013, 10:21 AM
Can anyone tell me how to remove the firing pin from a Parker 10mm or point me in the right direction. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Firing pin removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 25, 2013, 11:22 AM
Parker?

Is it built on the 1911 platform?

If it is, the firing pin comes out just like any other 1911 I would think.

Press the firing pin in with a pin punch or something far enough to slide the firing pin retainer plate down & out of the slide.

Then don't get hit in the face by the firing pin and spring when you let go and it comes flying out.

rc

BBBBill
March 25, 2013, 04:03 PM
Wyoming Arms - Parker. Not built on the same platform at all. The Parker has a slide mounted safety like S&W autos, so most likely disassembles in a similar fashion. The whole gun looks like a derivative of various features from 1911s, S&W autos, Star autos, and a couple others. I it is similar to the later AMT guns and I believe the company was in fact owned by relatives of Harry Sanford of AMT fame. Someone once posted that one of the former owners still lived in Thermopolis, WY and ran a machine shop there.
www.egunparts.com has some parts for it.

Bo Sa Bum Nim
March 26, 2013, 08:24 AM
Once I was able to get it on my gun bench to look at it I found that I needed to remove the rear sight, once this was done I was able to remove the firing pin, spring and saftey. So this part of the weapon does not tear down like the 1911. Thanks all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firing pin removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!