Diamondback DB380

PDA

snooperman
March 26, 2013, 01:28 PM
Have they improved this 3 year old gun or worked the "bugs" out yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback DB380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
YZ
March 28, 2013, 12:29 AM
I owned one and tried to keep it. It was almost a pleasure to shoot but jammed every now and then. Well, that happens with most 380s while new. But the DB internals just looked flimsy. The opposite of what you call a sturdy build. This is more than a bug or two. It's just how it is. I would not rely on it as a CCW for self defense. I can't answer your question literally, I am only saying that I had a reason to lose interest in that model.

C0untZer0
March 28, 2013, 09:00 AM
I had a Colt Mustang and it didn't "jam now and then"

I think if you have a 380 AUTO that is perodically jamming - that is a serious problem and I wouldn't rack it up to behavior that all 380 pisitols exhibit when new.

jrdolall
March 28, 2013, 09:35 AM
DB had serious quality issues for the first year they were in operation and had a near 40% return rate on their firearms. As far as I know they have fixed those "bugs" and the newer guns are much better. I have ZERO experience with their 380 but have shot most of their other guns quite a bit especially the DB9 and the new guns my friends own are flawless.
They are still an inexpensive gun and are in the same category as KelTec. I carry a KT P3AT every day and I don't know that I have ever had a problem with any misfires or jams of any kind. I suggest you call DB(they are in Cocoa FL about 100 yards from KelTec) and see if they will fix the problem. Their sales and marketing is now handled by Taurus but I don't know about warranty work.

YZ
March 28, 2013, 09:40 AM
The big idea with the DB380 was to replicate the ergonomics and disassembly of the Glock in a pocket size pistol. If there is another rationale to choose it over the well tested competition, I am not aware of it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback DB380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!