How to mount a Harris Bipod to Savage 10

PDA

mopar92
March 26, 2013, 07:30 PM
I ordered an FCP 10-K in .308 the other day. I have had Harris Bipods in the past and they worked out well. How and what mount do I need to mount the HBR pod to the 10 series Savage? I'm excited... first .308 build yet.. Thanks folks

If you enjoyed reading about "How to mount a Harris Bipod to Savage 10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PhotoBiker
March 26, 2013, 07:36 PM
Should mount to one of the sling swivels. Which stock did you get?

I've got the same rifle on hold at the LGS too.

mopar92
March 26, 2013, 09:00 PM
It's the standard style stock... that's what I could get. Might put a Choate on it later? I dunno.. So we think the pod should just fit this rifle without any adapters? Cool.

303tom
March 26, 2013, 09:58 PM
All of the FCP 10-K`s have sling swivels..................

cfullgraf
March 26, 2013, 10:33 PM
Recently, I have run into a couple sling swivels that were a smidge too wide to allow for mounting the Harris bipod. Nothing that a file and cold blue could not fix.

They were not on a Savage. I cannot remember if I have tried my Harris bipod on my Savage 12 though.

mopar92
March 26, 2013, 10:51 PM
Thank You for the information

If you enjoyed reading about "How to mount a Harris Bipod to Savage 10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!