Bloombergs MAIG poll.. Let's knock it out of the park!

PDA

jw2atech
March 29, 2013, 06:46 PM
We're losing on this one so far but we can still win it. We need all the help we can get on this one.
So, sign up & vote now to OPPOSE!
..and don't forget to share.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

Let's knock this one out of the park!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bloombergs MAIG poll.. Let's knock it out of the park!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
smogmage
March 29, 2013, 07:03 PM
I find it very Ominous seeing "Registration is Next" after clicking I oppose.....

RevolvingGarbage
March 29, 2013, 07:27 PM
I attempted to add this personal message:

"I oppose any restrictions on my personal right to Keep and Bear arms, first and foremost on the grounds that such restrictions by the federal government are a BLATANT violation of the Constitution.

These are not "Common Sense" laws. These laws seek only to limit general availability of effective weapons to the citizens of this country, under the false pretense of supporting public safety. Neither so called "Assault Weapons", nor magazines holding any number of rounds of ammunition, nor private sales of firearms constitute a credible threat to public safety. Crimes of many types, including mass murder are committed without regard for existing (and already overly restrictive) firearms laws, and in spite of the best efforts made by society to combat them.

This is partly due to a massive over dependence on society in general, and specifically law enforcement, in preserving personal safety.

The most insulting aspect of gun control is that it directly and clearly hurts the citizens ability to protect themselves from personal harm. The individual is, has always been, and will always be responsible for their personal security, and therefore it is imperative that government should in no way, shape, or form attempt to restrict that individuals ability to arm themselves.

I want Congress to see the simple truth that limiting essential personal liberty under the pretense of protecting public safety is, and will always be unconscionable and unAmerican ."

Their system told me my comment is too long.

Hey, isn't that a violation of my First amendment rights? :banghead:

As an aside, notice that we are loosing the MAIG poll right now, yet on that website there are a whole ton of polls about other 2A related bills, and in the vast majority of those polls, the Pro 2A side is winning.

Think maybe MAIG is stacking the deck on their pet poll? Hmm...

xdnok
March 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
Popvox is pretty cool way to stay on top of legislative issues it has links to govtrac.us were you can get emails on the current status of bills as they make it though the system. I have learned a lot about the system this way.;)

loose noose
March 29, 2013, 08:50 PM
Either my computer is running exceptionally slow or my oppose vote is taking an extraordinary time in registering, so I got out of it. The results are probably trumped up by the anti's anyway.:scrutiny:

zxcvbob
March 29, 2013, 08:56 PM
The OPPOSE button fails with a 502 error. :rolleyes:

OilyPablo
March 29, 2013, 09:02 PM
Doesn't work. Rigged.

Ryanxia
March 30, 2013, 12:04 AM
What a shocker... People trying to take away our Rights being deceitful... :/

Texshooter
March 30, 2013, 02:59 AM
Worked well for me.

Quite cool, and easy way to let them know.

Thanks

Jitterbug
March 30, 2013, 10:08 AM
Timed out on my opposition, my guess is it's rigged against those who oppose. Gee, I'm shocked.

hso
March 30, 2013, 10:19 AM
Worked fine for me back when I opposed it. Nothing in PopVox is rigged, but there's only so much bandwidth for folks to vote through so keep trying.

Steve51
March 30, 2013, 11:52 AM
Worked for me. The ANTI's was winning big time!

OilyPablo
March 30, 2013, 11:56 AM
This needs to posted on more sites, arfcom and such.

zxcvbob
March 30, 2013, 01:17 PM
Worked fine for me back when I opposed it. Nothing in PopVox is rigged, but there's only so much bandwidth for folks to vote through so keep trying.

This one is, although not by PopVox. If you click OPPOSED, is sends emails to your congressmen that just say "I am opposed to sensible gun laws"

hso
March 30, 2013, 01:29 PM
Mine didn't, and you can see many others that don't. If you take the time to point out that the name is a false flag deception and that bans of firearms, magazines, or ammunition are extremist postions that aren't supported by the majority of voters that is what your letter will say.

This is what was sent to my Congressmen -

I oppose the deceptively titled "Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence" because it does nothing to accomplish the stated goal of reducing murder rates while imposing restrictions on over 200,000,000 American voters guilty of nothing.
Murder rates are at an all time low for this generation according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report. Murder rates where any type of firearm was used are at an all time low since the expiration of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Rifles of any sort were used in only 2.5% of the 12,644 murders in 2011. The percentage of those rifles that Mayor Bloomberg wants to take away from 200,000,000 Americans is much smaller than all the rifles used in those few murders committed with some sort of rifle. This is particularly over blown when there were more than twice as many murders committed with knives and machetes and 4 times as many were committed with hands and feet as with all rifles that year.
If the firearms murder rates have been falling since the AWB expired and the FBI reports all rifles used in murders in 2011 only made up 2.5% of murders why try to demonize the millions of owners of these rifles?

barnbwt
March 30, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wow, the guys on the "support" side have some of the most powerful, convincing, and convenient stories. An infantryman who refers to SA rifles as "military style" and a friend of an Aurora survivor all in the same place! Some them are so over-the-top fabricated it's comical. Others are, well, here's an example:

"Why is the United States the only western industrialized country in which civilians can parade the streets like soldiers and kill children?" :D:D:D They forgot "hunting" people on the acceptable activities list!

The "anti-common-sense" :rolleyes: side appears filled with stats, facts, and logical progressions (granted they don't always follow very well) that attempt to prove why this legislation is a bad idea. I'd also love to see if it can be determined how many of either side phones in from outside the US. How much you wanna bet the

I love the Hobson's Choice in the poll (and that it's been at exactly 80:20 for the last day or so that I've seen it :scrutiny:). Luckily for us, "common sense" reforms are as much a code-word to our reps as us, so "opposing" them would still get the point across to a rep ;)

TCB

PRM
March 30, 2013, 02:10 PM
Worked for me. It shows a map of where the votes are coming from. The poll is 80% for gun control and the areas showing up are heavily concentrated in the liberal North East and West Coast. 2nd Amendment supporters need to hit this one.

You can add a personal message.

Maybe this will bring up the map:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101/report#nation

SabbathWolf
March 30, 2013, 02:58 PM
502 Bad Gateway says the oppose button to the voter....lol

mokin
March 30, 2013, 05:41 PM
Supposedly worked for me.

ScottieG59
March 30, 2013, 06:38 PM
They wanted me to use my Google or other logon through their site. I do not go for that sort of trick. I don't share my logon and password with third parties. I have seen many times where contacts get spammed after falling for this trick. :thumbdown:

hso
March 31, 2013, 12:18 AM
I have seen many times where contacts get spammed after falling for this trick. :thumbdown:

I assure you that this doesn't happen with Popvox. Without identifying the poster they're subject to all the failures of multiple posting to skewing.

OilyPablo
March 31, 2013, 12:27 AM
This is highly suspicious. No it won't spam you. I've done other polls there, for real bills. This thing is not a bill. Just the usual lie from MAIG.

This is in fact a joke. Take a look at the graph. How did the anti side start with so many votes? And 2nd amendment people were flat lined at ZERO for so long? Then drill it down to a district that is super pro-gun? The MAIG idiots still had huge leads at the beginning and retain such leads.

silvermane_1
March 31, 2013, 01:28 AM
thanks for posting this info on SGN Pablo, but i won't participate in this poll cuz it looks like it is bias against us pro-RKBA.

hso
March 31, 2013, 06:39 AM
Keep in mind that MAIG is encouraging everyone in the entire Anti network (remember all those folks being blind emailed by the Administration's "Organizing For Action" and asking them to tell their story about being victims) to come to this poll just as we've encouraged our members to. They're better organized than we are and can get people to "rally" on these things (this poll jumped out of the gate with a lot of votes and then pretty much peaked around 9 Jan).

Those of you that refuse to engage are turning away from an opportunity to be heard in that venue so I hope you're redoubling your efforts elsewhere with your local, state, and Congressional politicians to counter MAIG.

Green Lantern
March 31, 2013, 12:53 PM
I did a spit-take when I clicked on my own District and saw the number of votes, which far, FAR outpaces anything else this area has participated in on the site. More votes in our tiny neck of the woods than even in some of the New York Districts!

And just look at the names of the people who support it! "Anonymous1181451" or some variation on EVERY SINGLE COMMENT!

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101/report#state=NC&district=11

Another telling thing on the national level, look at the number of "appreciates" on our side vs theirs.

MErl
March 31, 2013, 01:37 PM
take the time to fill this out, we're getting stomped 80/20.

FitGunner
April 1, 2013, 07:44 PM
The constant use of the phrase "common sense gun control" has been really irritating me. I asked in one of my letters sent to reps that they stop saying it. It is an oxymoron and manipulative (no surprise). The only common sense gun control that I know of is using both hands.

Green Lantern
April 1, 2013, 07:48 PM
I think, looking at the site as a whole and how it generally trends quite pro-gun, a strong argument can be made that the numbers were somehow "cooked" on this one entry. Think it might be worth trying to get large numbers of people on our side to complain to PopVox and try to make them clear out the poll and start it from scratch?

Akita1
April 1, 2013, 09:29 PM
Worked for me; nothing wrong with Popvox, antis may be using robo for this one because all the other anti legislation on Popvox last few months was either closer or skewed the other way. Maybe POTUS' marketing machine lent MAIG its email list.

OilyPablo
April 1, 2013, 09:41 PM
From another forum:

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact POPVOX about your concern.

The "Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence" campaign is a "sponsored campaign" proposed by Mayors Against Illegal Guns. They had a POPVOX widget on their site that they drove large amounts of traffic in a very short time (launched December 18th). When someone doesn't assign a screen name they are given an Anonymous12345 screen name by default.

When a user signs up with POPVOX, we verify their address with the US Postal Service, and verify the individual's email address (with a one-click email request). Then we prevent the individual from changing their home address frequently. All these systems in place prevent robo-apps or "astro-turf" from gaming the system. Some users are frustrated with the "hoops" they must jump through, but we want to ensure the overall integrity and neutrality of the POPVOX platform. We are always on the lookout for bogus accounts.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Ben Harris
The POPVOX Team

hso
April 1, 2013, 10:36 PM
They had a POPVOX widget on their site that they drove large amounts of traffic in a very short time

Looks like they were well organized to the point of having a widget to drive people to the poll.

IOW, the internet equivalent of bussing people in.

gym
April 1, 2013, 10:54 PM
Mine went through ,pending approval. let's see if they publish it. It's asinine. This Bloomberg is a tyrant.

lesgeaux
April 2, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mine went with no issues, we are gaining, keep them comming, the more polls that turn in our favor can not be a negative for us.

Green Lantern
April 3, 2013, 08:20 PM
Just to pop in and add, I've never had any spam trouble or anything else with Popvox. The only minor glitch I had when I first signed up was that they had me in the wrong district - which is quite forgivable as my ZIP code covers two different ones.

+1 to keep spreading the word...how sweet it would be if we eventually managed to turn THIS one to our side, can you imagine the look on Bloomberg's face..??? :D

gopguy
April 3, 2013, 08:26 PM
The whole pretext and wording of the poll is designed to get the desired result. Don't go along with it. Fight back. I added this message.

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because... What is proposed is not Common Sense nor will it end gun violence. This is an attack on a cherished American Civil right that has protected millions of American lives. This is the start of something horrid. This is a national gun registry and we saw how that was abused in NY. How a newspaper printed maps that showed where gun owners lived. Gun owners that were victims of domestic abuse or retired police officers and judges being sought by criminals seeking revenge. What is proposed would not have stopped Newtown. Her guns were legally owned, the nut killed the mother to get her guns. This is the sick use of a tragedy to attack the constitutionally protected right of Americans to own guns. We stand for freedom and those pushing this stand for tyranny.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bloombergs MAIG poll.. Let's knock it out of the park!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!