Why Are There Different Style Adapters for the Sparrow?

PDA

weblance
March 30, 2013, 07:47 PM
I got my stamp, and suppressor today. Its a SS Sparrow. I recently bought an adapter for my S&W 422. I ordered the "Sparrow" style adapter. I have a Ruger 22/45 LITE, and Ruger 22/45 Threaded Barrel. The adapter I ordered for the S&W 422 is different that the Ruger barrels. It goes deeper into the suppressor. They obviously are all 1/2x28. Why the difference? Does it matter?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/weblance/Sparrow422_zps8c212624.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Why Are There Different Style Adapters for the Sparrow?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zane
March 30, 2013, 10:36 PM
The SS Sparrow has an o-ring that is supposed to help seal off the pistol threads from the rest of the suppressor. It also adds friction to resist turning. The extension is to engage the o-ring.

wally
March 31, 2013, 03:24 PM
You don't really need them if the barrel is threaded 1/2x28. If you want the "O-ring" feature then buy it, but no other suppressor maker does this, so IMHO the benefits are minimal. I got the adapter for my (P22 which needed it because it was not 1/2x28) and if the O-ring really does anything, I've never really noticed it.

Captains1911
March 31, 2013, 03:58 PM
To take advantage of the o-ring engagement which keeps threads on both suppressor and host clean. Also helps keep the can from loosening.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why Are There Different Style Adapters for the Sparrow?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!