Browning Maral

PDA

Scrumbag
April 1, 2013, 10:01 AM
Hello folks,

Anyone who isn't a shooting publication hack had a crack with the new straight pull Maral from Browning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVQEoVT3-g

ATB,

Scrummy

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Maral" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OldTex
April 1, 2013, 11:24 AM
I'd never even heard of it. Looks interesting. I wonder if all the models have that European styling to them. I have a brand new Browning catalog I just got in the mail. Guess I'll look a little deeper.

rcmodel
April 1, 2013, 11:58 AM
$2,500 and is not being imported into the USA.

http://browning.eu/products/mresult.php?group1=2&group2=6&submod=A-MARAL

Production has also been delayed and it will not be available in Europe until late 2013.

rc

Scrumbag
April 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
I think it will be a Euro-centric rifle. After all, we're the one's who are focussed on driven shooting. I haven't seen anything bar that printed in the shooting magazines.

Will have to see if I can look one up and post a review.

ATB,

Scrummy

adelbridge
April 1, 2013, 01:21 PM
it looks like a highly modified BAR made to compete with Blaser.

HOOfan_1
April 1, 2013, 01:36 PM
$2,500 and is not being imported into the USA.

Why market it as a Browning instead of an FN then?

Scrumbag
April 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
Well, I reckon FN are trying to have Browning as the "Sporting/Hunting" brand and FN more the "Tactical" brand...

HoosierQ
April 1, 2013, 02:30 PM
I like it.

OldTex
April 1, 2013, 03:52 PM
I looked in that new catalog. All it had was the T-Bolt which appears to be available in .22lr only.

Gtscotty
April 1, 2013, 04:43 PM
I like it.

Me too.... I think if they imported them at a little lower price it might be a good way to satisfy my Blaser-lust. Seems unlikely though. I do like how the action has a spring system so that after you pull back the bolt, you can release and it will self-load the next round. Even if it is based on the bar, surely they could make it lighter, given that the gas system could be dropped and receiver wall thickness reduced (I assume).

Edarnold
April 1, 2013, 08:33 PM
Good Lord, could they have made it any uglier? It really does look like an extension on the operating handle of their auto loader, and leave off the gas system: for this they want a premium price?

Competition for the Blaser this ain't

IMHO

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning Maral" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!