What .40S&W & 9mm barrel

PDA

NorthBorder
April 1, 2013, 10:31 PM
Glock, S&W, XD, Beretta, or Ruger? I have lots of .40 ammo but no gun to shoot it in. I was thinking of trading/selling a Beretta mini cougar 9mm and getting a .40 S&W that would accept a 9mm barrel. Any wisdom you'd like to impart, or experience, good or bad, I would muchly appreciate it.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "What .40S&W & 9mm barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bds
April 1, 2013, 11:49 PM
You can get 40-9 conversion barrels for Glock/M&P/Sig.

I use Lone Wolf and KKM 40-9 conversion barrels for my Glocks and they have worked well with G22/G23 requiring the use of 9mm magazines for reliable feeding/chambering. Factory G27 magazines have worked well feeding 9mm rounds in the G27.

I have considered getting a conversion barrel for M&P40 - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/646127/storm-lake-conversion-barrel-smith-and-wesson-m-and-p-40-s-and-w-to-9mm-luger-1-in-16-twist-425-stainless-steel

Barsto makes 40-9/357Sig-9 conversion barrels for Sig 226 but I do not have any experience with them - http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=226&cco=66

Snowdog
April 2, 2013, 08:37 AM
I understand a .40S&W XD-M can be converted to 9mm as well with a replacement barrel and XDm 9mm magazines. However, I can't quite wrap my head around how the fired brass will be extracted reliably with the stock extractor.

Before I take the plunge for myself, I have some research to do.

newglockguy
April 2, 2013, 01:56 PM
I have a gen 2 g23. Bought a lone wolf barrel in a 9mm and it works like a dream, even with the stock extractor

wally
April 2, 2013, 09:07 PM
I've got the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 22 and the Storm Lake 9mm conversion for my M&P40.

For my M&P40C I ordered a S&W M&P9C barrel from Brownells (or Midway, I forget) as it was about half the cost of the Storm Lake option.

Do some Googling, the S&W M&P9 barrel may work in the M&P 40.

Generally you need to get 9mm mags for the conversions to be very reliable.

If you enjoyed reading about "What .40S&W & 9mm barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!