Finally hit the range

PDA

Harrod
April 2, 2013, 01:49 PM
Weather and temp hit the right range, the kiddo and wife were both asleep and there was nothing on my to do list after Easter lunch so I finally hit the range.

Took my new Taurus PT145 out and put 100rnds through it. I know its not alot but I only have about an hour window before I had to wake everyone up to get ready for dinner. Plus I only had 250 rounds total and need to pick more up.....when they show up in my area.

I was using Blazer 230gr RN, they fed and fired flawlessly. It handled well and fits my hand just perfectly. I originally shied away from the daunting 45acp fearing its power as I looked for the right gun to get my CCW with. I have to say the way the PT145 fits is amazing, it was the first handgun that just felt right, pretty much perfect. It fit so well in fact that I bought it not caring that it was in the fearful 45acp. The recoil was alot milder than I expected, especially in a sub-compact, it does snap up a bit but nothing like I expected.

Now all I need to do is train with it more often, figure out the grip and stance that works for me. I can say that my group was pretty awful to begin with, and it was still awful by most standards when I ended, but it was better than than I started. I am fully confident that I can pull that group in each time I hit range.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally hit the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Satasaurus
April 2, 2013, 02:43 PM
Nice! I hope I get a .45 sometime soon!

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally hit the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!