1858 remmington navy 36 cal double action

PDA

Ed 70
April 2, 2013, 02:11 PM
I am currently looking for a bolt spring. could anyone please advise where to find this. thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "1858 remmington navy 36 cal double action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
April 2, 2013, 08:07 PM
Try www.dixiegunworks.com. They are about $3.

Jim

Jim K
April 4, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry for the error. I missed the "double action", since the term "Model 1858" is usually (incorrectly) applied to the common single action New Model Army and New Model Navy revolvers.

The double action, called the New Model Belt Revolver or Remington-Rider DA New Model Belt Revolver is a much rarer gun and has a much different mechanism.

(And yes, Remington's terminology is even more confusing than Colt's.)

Jim

BB93YJ
April 5, 2013, 12:49 AM
Numrich Arms or it may be called Gun Parts. Google them, lots of good stuff, schematics, etc. Oh, and parts for old guns too!. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Jim K
April 5, 2013, 11:18 PM
GPC has no parts for any of the old Remington revolvers, and the DA Belt model is a really rare gun. I think that spring will have to be a gunsmith proposition. Even if the original part is lost, it should be possible to make one; I have made many parts with nothing to go on but what they had to do. Whether they looked like the original, I never knew, but they worked.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "1858 remmington navy 36 cal double action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!