Bullet Puller

PDA

noylj
April 3, 2013, 03:16 AM
Any one recommend a press-mounted bullet puller for 9mm? Most seem to be designed only for rifle rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bullet Puller" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KansasSasquatch
April 3, 2013, 05:04 AM
I have a Hornady Cam Loc puller and really like it. Some bullet profiles are pretty tough to pull with it and are more easily pulled with a kinetic puller. If you're loading cast boolitts there's also a chance of damaging them with it. But 90% of the time I couldn't be happier with its ease of use.

tightgroup tiger
April 3, 2013, 06:53 AM
I have the Forstner collet puller and it works well but has the same issues that Kansas Sasquatch outlined.

I can usually get it to grip round nosed bullets but not always and the kinetic puller is still a necessary for the rest.

Collet pullers will usually open up far enough to get the mouth of the case in them also if your not careful and it can be a real chore getting it to release then.

FROGO207
April 3, 2013, 07:04 AM
^^^^^Yep A bullet puller will only work marginally for bullets that do not have a bit of flat area around the diameter to grip to. I own the same Hornaday puller and it works well with all rifle bullets. Pulling light weight or tapered nose handgun bullets I use the hammer type from RCBS exclusively however. IMHO you should have both types on hand, if you will be getting only one for now the hammer type is the way to go. Forster or Wilson IIRC has a great puller that you slide the bullet up into the fingers of a collet and then pull the brass back down with the press. It works like a Chinese finger. BUT you need a tool for each caliber/diameter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bullet Puller" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!