TRP Sight Swap

PDA

Jon_Snow
April 3, 2013, 06:00 PM
Hi all, I have a Springfield TRP that came with fixed night sights. After shooting a P16 Limited, Iíve come to really like the flat rear sight blade and FO front sight and I wanted to set up my TRP the same way. Problem is, I canít seem to get the existing sights loose. Iíve removed the set screw in the rear sight, put it in my vise and tried drifting it out left to right, but it wonít budge. My brass punch is starting to mushroom, so I donít think Iím not hitting it hard enough. The font sight is another matter. I can see thereís a roll pin thatís holding it in place, but I donít have a punch small enough to remove it. That will be tonightís project but Iíd love some advice on what to do about the stuck rear sight.

If you enjoyed reading about "TRP Sight Swap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
john323
April 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
Drift out right to left.

Jon_Snow
April 5, 2013, 05:06 PM
For some reason I thought it was the other way. I'll try that tonight.

funnelcake
April 8, 2013, 12:06 PM
Use the right size roll-pin punch for the front sight. A little Tri-Flow or similar can help w/ removing both - they can be snug. Sight pushers are great, but I think too much $ unless you use fairly routinely.

Funnel

If you enjoyed reading about "TRP Sight Swap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!