Post count question

PDA

Triumph
April 4, 2013, 09:25 AM
In a particular thread why do the post counts not increase every time someone posts?

For example - in this thread

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=707473

The author "bds" has a post count of 6946 in every response.

Just curious.

If you enjoyed reading about "Post count question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Arp32
April 4, 2013, 09:39 AM
It's probably his post count as of when you saw it, not as of when he made the post.

For example say on Friday I made my 1,000th post . If you looked through all the threads I had commented on they'd all say 1,000. Say a week goes by and I made 10 more posts - if you went back to that Friday post it would say 1,010 because that's my total post count.

I think the idea is that it's a way to see how active a person is, not to track what order they made their posts in.

Arp32
April 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
On that post you referred to, if you've closed your browser and you check back after bds posts again, I bet his count goes up on every post.

JShirley
April 4, 2013, 10:36 AM
Yup. The member shows 5 more posts than you saw.

Triumph
April 4, 2013, 10:40 AM
Got it - thanks guys

If you enjoyed reading about "Post count question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!