What a Lady

PDA

marb4
April 4, 2013, 10:26 AM
Flame away if you must but I have to publicly give respect and thanks to my sweet wife this morning. Last night while at our local Wal-Mart she was picking up some household stuff and took it upon herself to walk back and check the ammo case. To my complete shock and surprise, when she was unloading the bags at home she pulled out three boxes of Remington Golden Bullets! I haven't seen 22lr on the shelf anywhere in my area since January and nearly wept when she handed them to me. What a gal! (of course I'm thinking my "honey-do" list is about to get a lot longer)

If you enjoyed reading about "What a Lady" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HoosierQ
April 4, 2013, 10:36 AM
I think it's gun related of General interest in that things are improving. An LGS that has been absolutely bare had a whole selection of XD products. An XDs .45 followed a buddy home last night.

Things are getting better out there.

marb4
April 4, 2013, 10:40 AM
p.s. For anyone who's wondering, no, these won't be going on GunBroker for $500 a box this afternoon.

Ryanxia
April 4, 2013, 10:41 AM
XD products have been the one thing that HAVEN'T been scarce, I see them constantly everywhere.

Good one your wife!

Jim, West PA
April 4, 2013, 11:57 AM
Just curious marb...was the price $22 ish ?

Al Thompson
April 4, 2013, 12:03 PM
BigBore, this moderator doesn't see an issue with a report of ammo availability....

Want to share your state of residence?

:)

marb4
April 4, 2013, 12:33 PM
I'm in Illinois roughly 60 miles south of Chicago (south enough to be out of Cook County thank goodness). The ammo my dear wife found were Remington Golden Bullets 225 pack for something like $10 each. As mentioned earlier, its the first 22lr I've seen in this area for at least 8 weeks or so (even though technically I wasn't the one who found them). The other calibers I look for routinely are 9mm and 223. We don't get a lot of those but if I'm looking I can usually find a box or two every week or so. The primary ammo sources in this area are 2 Wal-Marts, a Dick's Sporting Goods, and a Farm & Fleet.

Unfortunately for me, the shoe stores here are well stocked and plentiful.:uhoh:

hso
April 4, 2013, 12:52 PM
While the firearms related aspect is solid, a cautionary note about the potential sexist remarks that can get the thread closed is in order.

Keep things focused on the firearms issue and the fact that without any prodding at all the lady took it upon herself to do something very nice for her husband by getting the ammunition for him.

marb4,

Does she shoot as well?

marb4
April 4, 2013, 01:16 PM
While the firearms related aspect is solid, a cautionary note about the potential sexist remarks that can get the thread closed is in order.

Keep things focused on the firearms issue and the fact that without any prodding at all the lady took it upon herself to do something very nice for her husband by getting the ammunition for him.

marb4,

Does she shoot as well?
Maybe a few times a year she shoots with me and always seems to enjoy it. She does pretty well for someone who doesn't practice consistently. I did get her to agree to shoot up one of those boxes of Golden Bullets with me this weekend. She's a good sport and a saint for putting up with me ;-)

19-3Ben
April 4, 2013, 01:20 PM
(of course I'm thinking my "honey-do" list is about to get a lot longer)

For a woman like that, it's well worth it! Take her out to a nice dinner.

stonecutter2
April 4, 2013, 03:22 PM
That was really thoughtful of her. You got a good one!

I'm just glad I stocked up on 22's before the craziness. Something told me to just buy up a few bricks...glad i did. I haven't seen a box of 22's for sale in a long, long time.

If you enjoyed reading about "What a Lady" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!