Someone please tell me about zambini (rooster lube)

PDA

BBQJOE
April 4, 2013, 01:09 PM
I know it is a discontinued product.
But what exactly was it. Was it a pan, or a tumble lube?
Why was it extruded into hollow tubes or sticks?
How was it used?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Someone please tell me about zambini (rooster lube)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
April 4, 2013, 05:02 PM
It was a bullet lube intended for use in lubrisizer machines. The hollow tubes were made for Lyman and RCBS machines, and solid tubes were made for Star/Magma and Saeco machines. They usually required some heat to make them flow properly.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Magnum Shooter
April 4, 2013, 05:47 PM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/Wynn3/10132AA_zps3e7d3b43.jpg

BBQJOE
April 4, 2013, 06:14 PM
I see...
I get it now.
Do people still use this?
Does anyone else make the lube now that rooster has discontinued it?

ReloaderFred
April 4, 2013, 06:24 PM
There are several makers of bullet lube. Magma produces their own, and it's about the cheapest on the market. Not only is it cheap, but it works. Ballisticast also markets their own lube, and there are several private individuals who sell it. Lyman sells their version, and I believe RCBS still produces their lube. You can do a search for Jake's Lube and White Label lubes for a couple of the private producers.

Some people make their own. I've done it, but for me it was too much hassle and the results weren't any better than what I could purchase relatively inexpensively from commercial sources. I never did find a way to pour the molten lube into tubes without spilling it all over the place, so I just buy mine from Magma for the most part.

Hope this helps.

Fred

BBQJOE
April 4, 2013, 06:31 PM
It does Fred, thank you.

dagger dog
April 4, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joe,

It's a hard lube, probably lots of carnuba, works best with high pressure gas check cast designed boolits.

I use it for 22 caliber a Lyman 225415 GC 55 gr FN, for 22 Hornet and 223 Rem. cast boolit loads.

Have 3 tubes left if you want one PM me and I'll send one your way.

buck460XVR
April 4, 2013, 07:53 PM
Zambini? I thought you said Zamboni!

vVkJbvv3pHg

If you enjoyed reading about "Someone please tell me about zambini (rooster lube)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!