Help please... Savage 93 issues

PDA

kyhunter
April 4, 2013, 08:14 PM
Picked up a brand new Savage 93FV today and mounted a bushnell 4-16x40 on it. So far so good right? Not exactly. I shot it for 50 yards and couldnt hit a 4 foot by 4 foot target.. Bring it in to 15 yards. Impacts just nicking the left edge of the target.. I jerked my scope and rings off and it seems like the front mount is canted severely. I pulled the mount and ran square down the 4 holes for the screws. 3 of the 4 line up but he one nearest the barrel is off. I guess ill send it tosavage. My question is does this happen frequently? Or are we going to be looking at a year of poor QC due to rushes in manufacturing? Ive never seen this happen and Savage has always been good to me but how does something like this just slip by them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help please... Savage 93 issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NeuseRvrRat
April 4, 2013, 08:45 PM
didn't happen with my 93. i pulled the bolt out and just eyeballed down the bore for a basic boresight. had it within about 6".

Txhillbilly
April 5, 2013, 10:11 PM
Most of the time these issues are from the heat-treating process after all of the machining is done to the receiver. Depending on your scope mounts,you could buy a set of Burris Signature Zee rings,and use the offset inserts to line the scope up with the bore.
Or,You could send it back to Savage,and wait how ever long it will take them to fix/return your rifle.

kyhunter
April 5, 2013, 11:47 PM
Yeah i knew I could have used the rings to correct for windage. But we're talking almost 2 foot off at 15 yards. You can look at the scope bases and tell ones canted badly. I mailed it off to savage today and am expecting 4-5 weeks at this time. Kind of a PITA to pay for a gun and then send it right back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help please... Savage 93 issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!