Lee Quick trim ?

PDA

targetback
April 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
Has anyone else used the new Lee QT and or the Deluxe . IT works great so far but only used it on 6.5x55 brass Sized and rimed inside and outside of the case and right on for length.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Quick trim ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joecil
April 5, 2013, 10:19 AM
I have the trimmer however the 45-70 die is still on back order. Once I get that then I will get a chance to try it. I could get the pistol but seems a waste to me since they hardly grow.

kingmt
April 5, 2013, 04:09 PM
I'd like to try them but I'm trying to wait for them to have everything at once to order.

targetback
April 6, 2013, 09:55 AM
I just received three in the mail 7mm/08, 7x57,and 25-06, If they work as good as 6.5x55 that would be great. still need 243,308,270wsm.

Blackrock
April 6, 2013, 10:52 AM
Still on the fence about this new gizmo. Looks great but kinda slow having to chuck the brass in the press, raise the ram. turn the crank and lower the ram. But I do like the trim and in-n-out chamfer feature.

HJ857
April 6, 2013, 01:05 PM
I've gotten my .223 trim die and it does not inside chamfer at all. It uses a chamfer cut on the outside to deburr and it's a surprisingly aggressive cut. I need to see if the blades can be adjusted to reduce that cut because I am not real pleased with it.

It is very fast to use though and the trim length is nice and consistent.

I got the 9mm die as well just to see what it was like, and testing a hundred or so pieces of sized brass, none of them were long enough to even reach the cutter - save your money on that die and pass it by.

targetback
April 7, 2013, 08:58 AM
The deluxe model does it all , It sizes lenght and chamfer inside and outside,

HJ857
April 7, 2013, 08:45 PM
I see now - there are two cutters, one is a Value Cutter and the other is the Deluxe Cutter. The value cutter looks like it trims only. Thanks for the clarification.

ssyoumans
June 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
Anyone else got an opinion on the Lee Quick Trim Deluxe? I currently use a Wilson case trim and wanted to know if this would save time? My current process on 223, 6.8, 30-06 is trim, chamfer and deburr in 3 steps. I chamfer and deburr using my cordless drill with the chamfer and deburr tools mounted which helps some.

joecil
June 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
I have the Deluxe Cutter and use it for 45 Colt, 454 Casull and 45-70 Gov. It works perfectly for me in both cutting and chamfer inside and out. I simply cleaned the factory oil/grease on it with Gun Scrubber then hit it with a bit of One Shot. So far I've done about 500 45 Colt, 200 Casull and 250 45-70 all new starline brass.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Quick trim ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!