Ruger Vaquero

PDA

WALKERs210
April 5, 2013, 03:49 PM
I had been looking for a 45 revolver for several months, last week I found a Ruger Vaquero Bisley at a Pawn shop. I wanted it to go along with my repo of a 1892 Winchester , now the rifle has always been a sweet rifle with only complaint is the cost of shells. Today it has quit raining enough for me to go to back of property and give it a try. It is my understanding that this model from Ruger has been discontinued and after shooting I wonder WHY. My physical condition is not what it was, and at times just holding a pistol of any type can wear me out fairly quick. This is not the case with the Ruger, excellent balance, very easy trigger and what was my biggest and best surprise was only a slight raise of muzzle. I had loaded up the belt on holster with 20 rds and only intended to shoot maybe 8-10 then come back home. Well when I walked in the house I put 20 pieces of brass aside waiting reload. Everyone of us have at one time or the other swore that this is one that will never leave the collection and unless a serious financial situation hits this thing has a home. Now just got to talk my grandson into cleaning several guns for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Vaquero" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Crunchy Frog
April 5, 2013, 04:14 PM
The Vaquero (which was constructed on the Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk cylinder and frame) was replaced by the New Vaquero in 2005. The New Vaquero uses a slightly smaller cylinder and frame, closer in size to the Colt SAA. There are some other changes in the way the gun is built and in some internal features.

The Bisley is a variation (loosely based on the Colt Bisley revolver) that has a different grip frame, trigger and hammer. Some folks prefer the Bisley, especially for heavier loads. A friend of mine who hunts with a handgun swears by the Ruger Bisley for heavy loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Vaquero" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!