Stevens Favorite 1915

PDA

MI2600
April 5, 2013, 06:15 PM
I picked up a 1915 Favorite. Looks good except the lever doesn't stay up in position. There must be a spring of some kind, but I can't find a schematic.

What am I looking for?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Favorite 1915" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thralldad
April 5, 2013, 06:58 PM
I'll bet the brass roller that the lever rides on is worn. Not sure what it's called. I had a buddy machine a new one for me. Fixed!

MI2600
April 5, 2013, 09:13 PM
I finally found a schematic, but no explanation/nomenclature of the parts. Does the part look like a washer?

thralldad
April 6, 2013, 12:51 AM
Yes, but thicker. I worked on that gun a few years ago.

Jim K
April 7, 2013, 04:15 PM
The Favorite action has no spring or direct means of keeping the lever in the closed position. It depends on the tension of the block against the barrel and the fact that the link pins and the lever screw are past dead center when the lever is closed. The problem is that if there is wear, either at the barrel face or in the linkage, the finger lever flops loose.

I have no idea what brass part Thralldad is talking about, but possibly it is something installed by a previous owner or a gunsmith to take up the slop in the linkage. There are no brass parts in the original gun.

Jim

Two Old Dogs
April 7, 2013, 08:16 PM
Check out www.wisnersinc.com. They have a section covering all the various Favorite models with schematics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens Favorite 1915" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!