Call Sarah Brady! Call the VPC!

PDA

ScottS
March 15, 2004, 11:23 AM
Here's one of their "children" needlessly dieing in a firearm "accident." Note the paper's take on it. Sounds like he was the victim!

Police: Man fatally shot by accomplice
BY PAIGE AKIN AND BILL WASSON
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITERS
Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Monday night's homicide victim was shot by a robbery accomplice while struggling with a girl they were trying to rob, police said.

Cequon D. Parker, 17, of the 1200 block of Georgia Avenue, was fatally shot about 5:45 p.m. at Brookland Park Boulevard and Third Avenue.

Parker and another 17-year-old male were attempting to rob a girl there, police said. The other 17-year-old's gun went off accidentally, hitting Parker, police said.

Shot in the abdomen, Parker died later at VCU Medical Center. He is Richmond's 19th homicide victim this year.

He was a student at Thomas Jefferson High School.

The alleged shooter has been arrested, but his name was not released by police because of his age. He is charged with murder.

The shooting occurred next to a vacant building in the commercial area of Richmond's Highland Park, which has seen several fatal shootings and a shoot-out involving an off-duty Richmond police officer in the past year.

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "Call Sarah Brady! Call the VPC!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
March 15, 2004, 11:31 AM
Who says crime doesn't pay?

ksnecktieman
March 15, 2004, 11:40 AM
Maybe we need a law against robbery? OOPS

Maybe we need a law against a 17 year old having a pistol? OOPS

Maybe we need a law against two guys trying to physically overpower a girl? OOPS

I have a good idea! I think we should give the shooter a good citizenship medal for stopping a crime with a firearm, and then prosecute him as an adult, on all three charges, instead of letting him plead out to minor in possesion.

If Eddie Eagle was in his grade school we might not be hearing of this:D

Snowdog
March 15, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yep, it's pretty sad who qualifies as a "victim" these day.
It kind of reminds me of a court case I once saw on television (People's Court, maybe):

Plaintiff: "He was beating on my wife and when I tried to stop him, he started beating on me, kicking me and calling me (multiple censor beeps, this guy must have had excellent lung capacity) ...and kept kicking me."

Judge: "Hold on, hold on...who was this?"

Plaintiff: "That gentleman standing over there!"

Um, I guess "gentleman" holds a different meaning to different people. :rolleyes:

GigaBuist
March 15, 2004, 01:18 PM
Cequon D. Parker, 17, of the 1200 block of Georgia Avenue, was fatally shot about 5:45 p.m. at Brookland Park Boulevard and Third Avenue.

Uhm, isn't this New York City? If not, where is it?

If it is NYC... well, maybe they should think about banning hanguns there. :evil:

J Jones
March 15, 2004, 01:24 PM
It's Richmond, VA.

Standing Wolf
March 15, 2004, 04:58 PM
I predict Cequon won't try that again in the near future.

rayra
March 15, 2004, 05:21 PM
well, there's another 'Child Killed By Evil Guns' stat for the Antis.

And the Million Moron Marchers will never even think to question the Stat.

If you enjoyed reading about "Call Sarah Brady! Call the VPC!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!