Primos type shooting sticks

PDA

dab102999
April 7, 2013, 06:29 PM
I want to get a bi-leg shooting stick for the wife. Primary use will be for crossbow but will use for guns also. I really like the Primos brand because of the ease to extend or adjust it. Just squeeze the handle and move it into position. My question is, is their one like that out there that is cheaper. Not that I won't spend a $120 on a shooting stick but would really like not too. I do not want a stick that you have to turn and screw with to adjust, or one with the flip type clamps. Already have some single ones like that. So before I buy the Primos I thought I would ask if anyone knows of any different options that work like the Primos.

Thanks
Doug

If you enjoyed reading about "Primos type shooting sticks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sleepyone
April 8, 2013, 09:29 PM
I have not seen any others. Have you actually held one of the Primos? I did a few years back it did not feel very sturdy to me. Maybe they have changed or I just held a bad one.

98Redline
April 9, 2013, 04:47 PM
I am assuming you are talking about the Primos Trigger Stick?

I have looked at them and just decided to build my own set of shooting sticks.
Two $5 bamboo stakes from Home Depot, some paracord, and a drill and I have myself a very inexpensive, light, quiet and stable shooting platform.

While they don't collapse down they do work excellent as a walking staff and the height is adjustable over the same range that the trigger stick works.

For stand or blind work, I have a shorter set that I made that allow me to sit on the stool or chair and have the gun at the proper level.

If you really want a manufactured rest, these guys are probably the best I have seen (http://www.boggear.com/). Not cheap but they are quite nice.

taliv
April 10, 2013, 12:53 PM
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=666989

roughly $110 cheaper and weighs only .18 lbs. very easy to pack. doesn't have a lot of height, but it does adjust quickly and easily

If you enjoyed reading about "Primos type shooting sticks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!