Shot My First Action Competition

PDA

25cschaefer
April 7, 2013, 10:47 PM
I shot in the Ruger Rimfire Challenge at the Whittington Center today and had a blast. I took my wife and our 2 year old boy; sadly, there is no cap gun division.

My wife shot a friend's MK II pistol and my Henry lever action in the limited division (iron sights) and I shot a friends MKIII and a JC Higgins Model 30 (bought for $50 and fixed in class) rifle in limited.

I have never shot an action sport, I shot some 4H airgun in Jr High, and my wife has never shot in a competition at all. She did very well and did not have a penalty all day. We were short on ammo and I had some rough patches with the pistol.

The best part was that I got the fastest string time on one of the stages, out of everybody, with a $50 gun. It must have been the retractable sling.

We had a great time and I would recommend the match to anybody wanting to have a good time, wear sunblock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot My First Action Competition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Shot My First Action Competition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!