can't post

PDA

CZ75-b
April 8, 2013, 07:55 AM
hi id like to know why i cant post in the selling areas i could befor ??

If you enjoyed reading about "can't post" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bikerdoc
April 8, 2013, 08:05 AM
CZ75 B
There is a time/post limit now.
30 day membership and an undisclosed minimum number of posts to post in the trading post. Should be a sticky you can review.

JShirley
April 8, 2013, 08:27 AM
CZ75, when you attempted to post, did you receive an error msg? Did it explain why you could not post?

Mal H
April 8, 2013, 10:10 AM
I'm curious about that also. You should have received a fairly large Notice at the top of your screen when you entered any of the Trading Post forums. Did you see it? (It's not a sticky and it really isn't an error message, but you should see it every time you enter the Trading Post until you physically click on the red X in it.)

bikerdoc
April 8, 2013, 12:52 PM
CZ 75-B

I notice you are in Canada, that could pose an import/export problem. Be aware.

wetpowder
April 8, 2013, 11:10 PM
Been here since 2008 now I can't post there. A lot of my post don't show.

JShirley
April 8, 2013, 11:15 PM
Posts in the Exchange don't show as posts, because they don't exist for conversation. That 17 is the number of real posts you've made since joining.

Mal H
April 8, 2013, 11:36 PM
... and padding your post count with posts like you just made, wetpowder, are not going to be tolerated.

wetpowder
April 9, 2013, 12:55 AM
... and padding your post count with posts like you just made, wetpowder, are not going to be tolerated.
My post are/were legit. not selling stuff. not on this forum. Don't know why you want to act like that.

Mal H
April 9, 2013, 01:41 AM
You don't know why I want to act like that?

The notice you should have seen when you entered the Trading Post forums should explain it to you. I will post it here in case you didn't read it, and for others to understand the new criteria for creating threads in the Trading Post. I have highlighted the part I am referring to when I said posts like you posted will not be tolerated.

NOTICE - if you are seeing this notice, you are not eligible to create any new threads in the Trading Post forums.

We have made some changes in the Trading Post to prevent abuse from members who are here primarily or solely to sell their items in those forums.

Two types of members will be able to create new threads in the Trading Post:

1) Commercial Members who help fund site costs will have access to their own section of the Exchange.

2) Other Members who have reached a certain number of posts and who have been members for at least 30 days will be able to create threads in the Private Sales section of the Trading Post. To prevent meaningless posts such as "me too!" posts, we will not say how many posts are required to gain Trading Post privileges. Posts such as that may be deleted at the discretion of the THR staff. Please don't attempt to bypass the criteria in any way. Doing so may result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

THR is primarily a discussion forum and the Trading Post is only a side benefit for good established members; it was never meant to be the only benefit. This long overdue change corrects that oversight.

Note that all members in good standing will still be able to post in all threads in the Trading Post forums, the new criteria only prevent the creation of new threads. The number of new threads allowed over a 12 month period as detailed in the Trading Post rules remains unchanged.

wetpowder
April 9, 2013, 03:26 AM
I don't care about the post count I'm not going to sell anything. :banghead:
An email I got from a long time member here told me all I need to know & didn't know.:D

bikerdoc
April 9, 2013, 09:04 AM
I'm not going to sell anything

I'll keep that in mind.

An email I got from a long time member here told me all I need to know & didn't know.

Care to share?

Mal H
April 9, 2013, 11:11 AM
Someone is confused, wetpowder, and I don't think it is us. You said you aren't going to sell anything, yet you complained about not being able to post. If you want to post in an existing thread in the Trading Post, nothing is preventing you from doing that. So it is now unclear why you even posted in this particular thread.

When you said, "Been here since 2008 now I can't post there", that implied that you tried to post and couldn't. Were you simply making an assumption based on the conversation preceding your post?

wetpowder
April 9, 2013, 12:09 PM
Someone is confused, wetpowder, and I don't think it is us. You said you aren't going to sell anything, yet you complained about not being able to post. If you want to post in an existing thread in the Trading Post, nothing is preventing you from doing that. So it is now unclear why you even posted in this particular thread.

When you said, "Been here since 2008 now I can't post there", that implied that you tried to post and couldn't. Were you simply making an assumption based on the conversation preceding your post?
Yes I saw the notice. I did click to post to see. I was not going to sell just to see. I knew I had more post than was showing. JShirley explaned that part.
padding? no if you think so and I guess you did, I wasn't. I DON'T CARE ABOUT POST COUNT!! I guess I shouldn't have posted here. I'm done with this thread

hso
April 9, 2013, 01:38 PM
If you check your posting history you'll see that since Nov. 2008 your only activity has been to buy/sell here until just a few days ago (April 6).

THR is more than a "street corner" to be used for transactions. It is a community for RKBA and discussing firearms and firearms related materials. New rules have been put in place that may inconvenience people here just to make a buck.

If you now want to involve yourself in the community instead of feeding on it you'll have to really participate and not just try to drive post count up in those forums you've ignored for years.

If you enjoyed reading about "can't post" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!