Tell me I did Bad

PDA

WALKERs210
April 10, 2013, 11:07 PM
Today while in route to have my SUV serviced, made a quick stop at a flea market. Right out of the door I was shown a 12ga sxs with 18 1/8 barrel, rabbit ears nickle finish. Minor rust on barrel but locked up tight, was offered to me fro $350, tell me I did bad. I honestly don't remember the brand name but I do remember it was made in Braille. If he has not sold it I will be able to see it on Sat. just wanted thought for others that have more knowledge than I

If you enjoyed reading about "Tell me I did Bad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Boattale
April 10, 2013, 11:17 PM
Made in braille would have made me nervous right off.

robhof
April 10, 2013, 11:22 PM
Was Joe Biden having a garage sale? Actually for that price, I would have bought it outright.

Virginian
April 11, 2013, 04:32 AM
Sounds like a Stoeger.

Goody3086
April 11, 2013, 12:55 PM
With Rabbit ears sounds like a Rossi overland that someone had plated, assuming you meant to type Brazil. If in really nice shape $350 is not out of the question. But it's getting close to the top.

oneounceload
April 11, 2013, 01:12 PM
With rust? What else is wrong in areas where you didn't look?

Cheap POS SxS guns aren't worth much except as jack handles - and at a flea market and not local paper or someplace a little more "legit" ?

mac66
April 11, 2013, 02:27 PM
Likely a Rossi if made in Brazil. I had one back in the day. Kind of cool looking but I never quite figured out what it was good for other than looking cool. They are kind of clumsy to manipulate for self defense or hunting with the dual exterior hammers. More for show or perhaps Cowboy action shooting than anything else.

Shadow 7D
April 11, 2013, 02:55 PM
Or any of the thousands of older Damascus barrel turn of the 1900th century BP shotguns...

Could be worth hundreds of thousands, or not worth it's scrap (ie. wall hanger)

Rust, on a Damascus barrel gun is a NO GO

joeschmoe
April 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Nickel plate and rust? Nickel doesn't rust. So the plating must be worn. Pass.

CajunBass
April 11, 2013, 04:44 PM
You already bought it. Kinda late to ask for advice now ain't it? :confused:

USAF_Vet
April 11, 2013, 04:57 PM
You already bought it. Kinda late to ask for advice now ain't it? :confused:
If you read and comprehend the OP, he did not buy it.

The price is $350, and if it is worth it, he will go back on Saturday.

allaroundhunter
April 11, 2013, 05:00 PM
I say let it stay there..... Kinda on the high side for a Rossi that is starting to rust... Who knows what is wrong internally.

oneounceload
April 11, 2013, 05:31 PM
Tell Me I did BAD -

You did bad and good - bad in that you even wasted your time in looking at it and good in that you didn't buy it...... ;)

Think about it - if it was even worth THAT amount, the seller wouldn't be selling it at a flea market, but at a gun show or on-line

Liberty1776
April 11, 2013, 10:34 PM
that pretty much covers it... the gun isn't worth $350 BNIB

If you enjoyed reading about "Tell me I did Bad" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!