Texas Open Carry

PDA

Vurtle
April 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
A bill to legalize open carry (as if the Second Amendment didn't already allow it) has the hope of being put up for a vote. If you are a Texas resident, please call Chairman Pickett's office at 512-463-0596 and ask for HB700 to be put up for a vote as quick as possible. There are rumors that he is stalling so that it won't be passed. Unfortunately, he is the sole person who decides what gets voted on. How only one person has that ability is beyond me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Open Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vurtle
April 11, 2013, 10:10 AM
Even if you don't prefer open carry, but you believe in the 2nd Amendment and everyone's right to choose how they carry, please help us to get this passed. Thanks.

Agsalaska
April 11, 2013, 10:15 AM
I would not open carry. But I support this bill. I live in Texas and will make the call today.

Sam1911
April 11, 2013, 10:31 AM
(Moved to Activism)

El Tejon
April 11, 2013, 12:43 PM
A bill to legalize open carry (as if the Second Amendment didn't already allow it) has the hope of being put up for a vote.

It becomes problematic in Southern states such as Texas as after Reconstruction, Texas rewrote its RKBA provision to allow the government to regulate the wearing of arms to facilitate Jim Crow laws.

Texas State Constitution
Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.

Best wishes to our friends in Texas. Good to see a state's laws become more sane.

Lostaviator
April 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
Done

macadore
April 11, 2013, 01:31 PM
I wish I could carry an ASP in Texas. I can carry an AR15 if I can conceal it, but not an ASP.

If you enjoyed reading about "Texas Open Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!