Somebody in Annapolis gets it!

PDA

Norton
March 15, 2004, 05:46 PM
From Annapolis Capital:

Self-defense
I read your Police Beat daily, and am amazed at the number of robberies and assaults in Parole. That said, two points:
First, the subhead "Cop fires at teens" (The Capital, Feb. 18) implied that a police officer was at fault and was victimizing teenagers. How about "Attempted robbery foiled by off-duty policeman?"
Sgt. Richard M. Frank did a fine job by defending himself and taking two young thugs off the street, at least temporarily.
Second, why is public handgun possession restricted to people like Sgt. Frank and extragovernmental entities like Brink's that have loads of money to defend?
My life is far more precious than their money -- and there are plenty of folks like me who are willing to take the required training to use a weapon responsibly and proficiently.
People in Parole -- and the rest of Maryland -- deserve the same right to self-defense as is afforded to Sgt. Frank. Until we are granted this right, only a privileged few will be able to protect themselves from thugs and criminals.
DANIEL SILVERA
Annapolis

If you enjoyed reading about "Somebody in Annapolis gets it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cliff
March 15, 2004, 06:05 PM
Way to go Daniel!

SAG0282
March 15, 2004, 06:06 PM
A good point, and nicely expressed to boot!

Mark Tyson
March 15, 2004, 06:32 PM
Parole ... what an ironic name.

K-Romulus
March 15, 2004, 06:33 PM
equally understand after we al make the effort to go over there this week . . .

Norton
March 15, 2004, 06:35 PM
Mark,

If you knew the area, you'd know how appropriate the name "Parole" is

If you enjoyed reading about "Somebody in Annapolis gets it!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!